Husky adventure ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by columbia510, Jun 21, 2010.

1. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello all, I have a bunch of vacation saved up and need a break from reality. I plan on doing a multi day dual sport ride from my house in the foothills of California to Nevada and back. This ride would be done on the CHEAP and light. I will mount my Giant Loop bags on the 09 with a light sleeping bag and tarp for my tent.

The ride would consist of fairly easy fireroads and very little singletrack to so the ride would be easier for the bike (and Me) to finish without breaking something. Each day would be roughly 100-130 miles and start in Columbia to Mud Lake(Kirkwood) stay an extra day and explore, day 3 to Virginia City, day 4 Bodie/Lee Vining then thru Yosemite then thru Cherry Lake back to Twain Harte. I have a couple of friends that "say" they can do it, however they can be flakey at most times. I'm looking for a couple of compitent riders who want a great ride.

HUSKYS RULE:thumbsup:
  2. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wish I lived in CA (that's my home state) to make the ride with you. It sounds great. Hope you get a large number of people to go.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    What dates are you looking at, Columbia?

WoodsChick
  4. UberKul Husqvarna
    AA Class

Snow

I was just up on Squaw Ridge Sat and only made it to 7300 ft (before the gate) on the way to Mud Lake. With all the weird weather it could be mid July or later before the high trails open up.:excuseme:
    Are you cooking in camp or riding out for meals?
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I love Mud Lake and the surrounding terrain. Is the trials-ish area at the end of the lake still open for riding? It's been awhile since I've been there.

WoodsChick
  6. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello WoodsChick and Uberkul,

I plan on leaving Aug 11th and return before Aug 18th. I plan on eating out while fueling up and bring snacks back to camp and have a little fire get warm. All of my secret camp sites are fairly close to a fuel/food stop. When at Topaz, I will rent a hotel room thou.
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    The food at the Mobil Station at 395 and Tioga Road is pretty good. Whoa Nelly Deli.
  8. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've heard that the gas station owner is a 5 star gourmet chef
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    He must be; It is not your average garden variety gas station food.

EpicureanChick