Husky cr125 at budds friggin creek

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by yzrider, Jun 11, 2014.

1. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    Took the husky to budds creek last weekend for an open practice. Had an absolute blast, track was super impressive tp see in person let alone spin some laps on. It is technical and the downhills are downright brutal with serious chop and braking bumps coming down them. Ive hit alot of different obstacles over the years but none have conpared to jumping down some of those hills, the ground literally drops from under you as you free fall and try to land and slow down before the turn at the bottom.

Tons of fun getting momentum to hit the hills on the way up as well. Awesome, awesome time. My buddy and my girlfriend all had a great time and the 3.5 hr drive each way was completely worth it. The revalved suspension continues to amaze me.

Oh and im going to the gym everyday from now on, riding a track like budds creek would be so much more amazing if i could push hard and attack the hills and jumps rather than cruising at 70% to conserve my arms and hands. So fatty needs to get in a shape that is less round!

Ill put some pictures up as soon as my girlfriend gets them online.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Yes please post some pictures.
    Thanks for sharing, I love watching US motorcross on fox sports and Budds creek is a cracker.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds good and I've only saw the track in Washougal WA but it has quite a place ESP with the PRO riders on it ... Never rode it but it's probably too wide-open fast for me ...

Wanna learn to jump a bike? Go to a track ...

Found out I'm not really racer guy but I do like being on tracks to practice riding the corners and other stuff correctly ...Not just riding lap after lap at speed BUT if you are gonna race, you gotta get the seat time in, on the tracks ... On the straights or other parts of the track that do not require much skill, I'll just slow down and rest at those places and do the work in the corners or whatever that require lots more practice to get better at ... This saves my body and it works on trails also...I'll just ride slow when ever I hit the hardtop and save the juices till I hit dirt ...

And good luck at the gym ... Consistency and time are needed for any workouts to reap benefits ..
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Track might have changed but this looks a little intimidating from my chair. Is this what you rode?

[IMG]

Looks like the same track design but different ... Camera height and location might be distorting the jumps real size ..
    [IMG]
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    never ridden it but have walked around it, when on a local biz trip we visited. for sure its a great one, true nat terrain mx track!! Its an epic track, almost 99.9% sure off to the left just outside the fotos (you just see it) coming towards the cam is the infamous Doug Henry leap off hill
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I watched that live, still haunts me. Freaky.
  7. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thats the track! My girlfriend has been lazy and hasnt put any photos on the computer yet. But those hills were impressive as all hell. Jumping down some of them was the most unreal feeling. Ground literally just disappears beneath you and your freefalling until you touch down and have to throw out the anchor and slow down while going through the chop and braking bumps all the way down to the corners. .

I let someone try out my bike and educated him on the husky brand some. He loved it, commented on how tight and crisp the controls are as well as how well it handles. Always good to get positive feedback.
  8. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh and ive been killing it at the gym, twice a day a couple days and atleast once every day at the gym or outside running, jumping rope etc. I put on 12 lbs since i started lol. I always gain weight early shocking my muscles but it falls off after that!
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You can see the rider heading up that muddy jump face and it dwarfs him ...I can deal with downhill airtime alot better than that uphill blast-off ...

Sounds like you have been to the gym before :) I've never gained weight there or anyplace else except when I used to buy like 1\2 a cow cut up and ate some sort of steak 2-3 times a day ... That's been a long time ago ...

Keep up the work there and be careful not to over-work it and pull a muscle or something like that ...
  10. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the support ray ray, i need to start dropping weight big time. Went from around 205 to 220 since that post. Ideally i want to be at 190 or so. The first couple weeks back at lifting and all i always gain weight im assuming water weight in my muscles from being shocked. The little 125 would appreciate those 30lbs a whole lot. But it does amazingly well all things considered! Its all about holding the throttle on longer, earlier, later, deeper and stretching that cable out! I can't imagine how potent it would be as a 165. One day. Ill call it the giant killer.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Shock yes... maybe its the water, not really sure. But we are all the same, but different ... What about the diet? You probably have a clue on what you are doing there also?

--

Its holding the throttle and not braking too much to kill off all the speed for me ... I over-brake so much, I was gonna remove my rear brake lever to learn NOT to over brake and kill off all the speed :( ... I really like dragging the rear brake to set the suspension in corners and help keep the bike rear-end under control in the rough stuff. I got tired of buying brake pads and that helped me keep off the petal unless in specific points where I knew braking was needed. There is a 70s PRO racer who gives out tips and I follow what he says ... Forgot his name right now :( -- Gary Semics ... He sells DVDs also :)

Add technique to the top of the list also ... Do the ~right things pretty much on the bike at the ~right time, and the bike will perform :) ... Those speedy PROs have better bikes than us, but they are still on 2 wheels ...
  12. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh absolutely, the bikes are capable of so much more than im coaxing out of it so its just a matter of not getting in the bikes way. It can handle the corners way faster than i think i can, just have to trust it and not unsettle it. I have gary's manual of techniques its a long one really great, and atleast 7 of his dvds. Also read and watch tons of other articles on techniques online and in magazines over the years!

My diet is alot of protein, fish, chicken, and chocholate milk after lifting only. I dont do supplements. Coconut water with pineapple juice, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, pistachios. Diet is my largest obstacle as i can honest to god eat 3000 calories in one sitting and not feel a thing. Oh and pizza and buffalo chicken every thing has to be included as well. Alot of water.