1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky CR's

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by thorns_nz, May 5, 2013.

1. thorns_nz Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Hi all,

Currently looking at a 2012 CR125.
    My question is mainly to do with my size. I know a stock 125 probably wont be all that powerful, and struggle lugging my 220lbs around, but what about the 150 kit, or even better, the 165 kit?

Pretty much where I am at at the moment is I ride a K8 RM250 smoker, great bike, but being honest, just too much power for me to hang onto being my first ever dirt bike and being older starter to the world of MX and dirtbikes (30th birthday to myself), and unless conditions are perfect for it, I just really struggle, and it rides me more than I ride it.

So what I am looking for is something that is a fun bike, enough power to get me excited, but not so much that I never get near full throttle on it. I probably only ride 3-4 hours a month, which i think is why I struggle so much with my 250, just dont get enough seat time to get used to the power, or by the time I'm into the swing of it on a weekend ride, I'm either to exhausted, or its time to pack up till next week.

Any thoughts and suggestions?
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Even as a 125 it will pull 220lbs around with no problems at all and make you grin from ear to ear, and as a added bonus it will make you a better rider while its doing so :thumbsup:
    john01, huskybear and jmetteer like this.
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Its funny that the 125 is so perceived as not so strong motor

the little one is easy putting a 35 horse power on the rear wheel and weight less then 100 Kg

when you look at a XR 400 everybody says that a strong motor but its doing exactly the same yet is 35 kg heavier

and it feels sooo good to leave the bigger bikes behind big time on your (in their mind) bmx bike with a scooter engine

hard to put a $ value on that

Robert-Jan
    john01 and huskybear like this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Exactly what he said. Get one you can always go to the 165 if you want to but honestly you are gonna be surprised at just how well it will run in stock 125/144 trims. I just sold my 05 RM250 a few months back and yes sir they have some serious power and more than my 54 year old body could deal with on the mx track.