1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Husky Decision 2

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Down Under XC, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi Guys,
    New to this forum. I bought my 15 year old son a 2011 XC 150 Husky and have found this forum really great for our Husky and have really enjoyed and have benefitted immensely from the 125 - 250cc forum.
    After eighteen months and after recently doing around three 20 min hot laps on my sons XC 150 of our really tight single track enduro loop, I sort of fell in love with the bloody thing.

I have raced bikes during my earlier adult life (KDX 200 - 25 years ago) in Milledge Enduro State series in Victoria. I currently have an 06 250 EXC KTM 2 banger and whilst I love it, it doesn't steer all that well thru the tight stuff, was overheating along with the rider and I feel pretty cramped, and it is in need of a new rear spring, tyres and a top end rebuild shortly (only 50 hrs total use). My weight is around 100kgs with riding gear on. I am just over 6' tall and 52 yrs old this year. I play competitive hockey and still love wheeling.

My dilemma. Have been looking at changing to either an XC 150 or maybe a 250 WR. Don't know whether we will be able to source another XC / WR 150 here in Australia but WR 250 are available and reasonably priced, although nowhere near as cheap as the US. ($5999 USD at Bills Motorcycles Plus for a 2012 compared to around $8000 for a 2013 model here) .

I may do the odd enduro, but mainly will be tight single track riding with son and open trails.

So question with respect to the WR 250 is what are they like ??????

Q: How do the taller / larger guys feel on the WR ? Are they as comfortable as the XC 150 ???
    Q: Are they as brilliant in tighter terrain as the XC 150 ??
    Q: What is the power delivery like, the XC 150 is quite electric with a nice top end ?
    Q: How is the smaller throw kickstarter ??? Whats it like to start ??
    Q: What is the bike like maintenance wise are they Ok ??
    Q: What are the pitfalls with a WR 250 ????
    Q: What do they need other than barkbusters and radiator guards.
    Q: What is the standard jetting like, I can tune Mikuni's pretty well.

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

Mark
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Q: How do the taller / larger guys feel on the WR ? Are they as comfortable as the XC 150 ???-not bad.
    Q: Are they as brilliant in tighter terrain as the XC 150 ??-mine wasnt the tightest turner. it was giving up fast cornering speed to the lower sitting bikes. was still good in the technical stuff.
    Q: What is the power delivery like, the XC 150 is quite electric with a nice top end ?-drag racer, lots of power everywhere. no proplems here!
    Q: How is the smaller throw kickstarter ??? Whats it like to start ??-peice of cake once you have it down.
    Q: What is the bike like maintenance wise are they Ok ??-like any other bike. be ready to have the sil+e+ncer mounts break for no reason.
    Q: What are the pitfalls with a WR 250 ????-read next comment
    Q: What do they need other than barkbusters and radiator guards.-dont trust the stock radiators. mylers makes a nice set and youll never over heat.
    Q: What is the standard jetting like, I can tune Mikuni's pretty well.-best wishes!
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Welcome another fellow Aussie
    Due to popular demand they are bringing out '13 WRs 125s this or next month:banana: - check your local dealer - so 144 or 165 kit one of them and you will be right mate:thumbsup: