Husky Demo Day Lucerne Valley

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 13, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    I have.

The dirt should be good too. Liquid traction is in the forecast.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Weather report shows rain in the desert For us that is like gold falling from the sky
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Nice! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

To bad I'm so far away... anyone going with a camera?

Husqvarna Motorcycles North America (HMNA) and its Southern California Dealer Network will be offering demo rides on select 2010 model Husqvarnas during the opening round of the AMA National Hare & Hound Series on Saturday Jan 23rd in Lucerne Valley, CA. This is your chance to ride the legendary machines that have taken Husqvarna racers to more than 74 World Championships (not to mention Nick Burson to #1 in D-37 Open Class Desert Competition).

"This is an exciting opportunity for anyone in the market for a new motorcycle to experience all that Husqvarna has to offer," said Travis Flowers of Husqvarna Motorcycles NA. "For riders and racers who may be on the fence choosing a motorcycle brand, this is an ideal opportunity to learn firsthand why Husqvarna is a superior choice."

There is no better time for riders and fans to enjoy hospitality provided by the Husqvarna crew. "Riders will enjoy an opportunity to sample Husqvarna's heritage and hang out with the sport's living legends such as Ty Davis and Scot Harden," Flowers adds.

The Husqvarna Lucerne Valley Demo event takes place from 9am to 3pm on Jan. 23, 2010 -- one day before the Desert MC National Hare & Hound. A special demo ride course will be setup by Husqvarna staff. This is a great chance to enjoy some bench racing, riding and just hanging out with people who truly love the sport. Demos will be based out of the Zip-Ty Racing Transporter located in the main pit area. "Come on out and be a part of the fun," Flowers concludes. "You won't regret it!"
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Werd!

Ya going? Ya gonna ride some new tiddler's? Well?

I gotta work. :doh:
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You bet i will be there racing a 2008 Husky CR 125 in the open Mag A class I want my # 1 plate back
    My son will be there with a 2006 CR 125 with the # 1 plate on it
    for the 125 A class This bike is going on its 5th year of racing

So you can see we need a few new bikes maybe a test ride on a new
    bike might just get us to sign up for a new one
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Go gettum Big John and Jr.! :cheers::applause::thumbsup:
  8. TrailPunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

So I took a day away from the family and drove out to Lucerne for the Demo day. And no I didn't take any pictures! I forgot the stinkin camera. They had a nice 3-4 mile loop set up going out to and along the ridge just north east of Soggy Dry lake (which has more water in it than I've ever seen in 30 years of riding out there). Scott Harden and his guys put on a great little ride. The trail they marked had enough open and tight stuff to really get a good idea of how the bikes handle. I was able to ride the TE450, TXC250, and the TE250. The recent rains made traction great and dust nonexistent. Thoughts, hmmm. I'd never ridden the 450. I have ridden the older 250's (mine), 310, and 510. The 450 was as expected more than the small bores and less than the 510 both in brute power and vibration. I did like it better than the KTM 450EXC (07) and 530 (09) that a couple of my friends have. The 250's were a hoot. Small and light. Very nice. In the rocks both were great. I did unload my bike and take a "Sanity Check" ride over the same trail (and more :D) with one of the other guys that was also there for the demo (thanks Chris). Final thoughts. If I were in the market for a new dirt bike the TE250 would be it hands down (that whole license plate thing). Mine is heavier, but is sorted out and still runs great. So it would be hard to justify getting an new one. Maybe in a couple more years.