Husky does the Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ajaxauto, Oct 22, 2013.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well kind of since there is no way you can ride a motorcycle down the Grand Canyon on Federal land. I figured at least I would take by Husky pac for a ride down and back.Had a great trip in Grand Canyon National Park. Took the Bright angle Trail down to the bottom had lunch and then hiked back up total time 8 hours about 16 miles you start at about 7 thousand feet and hike down to the river a 5000 foot drop Sure would be a great King of the Moto Trail

Attached Files:

• 471.JPG
      471.JPG
      File size:
      292.2 KB
      Views:
    • 440.JPG
      440.JPG
      File size:
      248 KB
      Views:
    • 444.JPG
      444.JPG
      File size:
      257.4 KB
      Views:
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    OK now get packed up and head up to gorman this weekend........27OCT hungry valley 100.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I wish BUT This weeken we are going to hike Catus to Clouds Which is Down Town Palm Springs up Past the Tram station to the peak then back down to the Tram station Then we will ride the Tram down
    We will go from under 1,000 feet up to 12,00 feet. I am so glad mount Whitney has a lot of snow other wise we would have to go climb that one which is 14,495
    WoodsChick and rajobigguy like this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    no wonder you're the energizer bunny of the H&H and old guy extreme enduro scene!! Thats way too much hiking for my taste......I did enough of that on the appalachian trail when I was young buck boy scout.... its all about fuel and motors now!! enjoy the trip John see you soon.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All I do is hike in the summer and ride in the winter I have only been to a gym once in my life about 20 years ago That to me is to much work last National of the year in a few weeks then we start all over again
  6. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    What kind of mileage are you getting out of that Husky? :)
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You are getting that high altitude (thin air) training effect up there! Ain't much better than that ...
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

well on this trip we got about 16 miles to the gallon Which was 2 quarts Gatorade 1 quart water and 1quart pedolight
    Was on empty at the top, we only averaged 2 miles per hour to. time to change that gearing
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    That beach looks like heaven, ajaxauto! :applause:

You should consider hiking the trail from Hualapai Hilltop down to the Havasupai village and beyond to the waterfalls. It is incredibly spectacular! I think it's about 10 miles to the village and then another 2 or so to the falls. It's the last place in the US to still get their mail delivered on the backs of mules. I've got some photos around here somewhere...
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Hiking and walking "off road" is awesome. I've been doing a lot of that the past 2 years. Great exercise and a lot of fun, too. It's helped me drop a ton of weight and it makes everything feel good...knees, ankles, hip...everything that used to hurt before just doesn't hurt anymore! I will probably do more hiking as the years go on, too.
  11. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Perfect response. I love it. Wish my knees were still up to hiking. No inner miniscus left