Husky Goes Electric...sorta!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Apr 21, 2009.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Electric Husky? Or things not to try on a Zero?

[IMG]

DirtRider Magaizine story: http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6497218/editorial/metal-mulisha-electric-dirt-bike-backflips/index.html

Brian Deegan and the Metal Mulisha Silently Flip Out
    Metal Mulisha Electric Dirt Bike Backflips

Posted April 16 2009 02:54 PM by Jesse Ziegler

Quantya Electric Dirt Bike and helmet cam footage of electric dirt bike backflips! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIj8zMEJskI (turn the volume up!):thumbsup:

Apparently, the Metal Mulisha is not scared of their inherent tendecy to conduct vast amounts of electricity.

If their name was the Rubber Rebels or the Plastic Posse, I could see them being so loosey-goosey about this Electric Dirt Bike thing. But their the METAL MULISHA for crying out loud! I hope they're insulated.

Honestly, there is no concern. I just couldn't resist the metal-electricity joke. Electric Dirt Bikes like the Quantya seen here are perfectly safe with pretty much zero risk of shock--except for how shockingly fun they are. And we know, we've tested the juice out of them (check out the July issue of Dirt Rider--out in a few weeks).

So, back to how cool the backflip photos are. Well, Damon Geller, SoCal's Quantya rep sent us these shots the other day and we thought we'd share them. According to Geller, Deegan and the guys were pretty stoked on the quiet FMX session.

Geller himself even jumped at the chance to hit the foam pit and busted out some very respectable attempts (although he's quick to give the credit to the Mulisha for making it look so easy!). Check out Geller's helmet cam footage of his jumps and get a feel for what it's like to sink into a foam pit.
  2. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Tooo cool!! Nice find Blip. I sure can't wait to spin a few laps on a Quantya
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Like i said, they get those things to go 50-70 miles I'll be all over one. i think they are cool.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Me too. Last fall a buddy and I went for a ride. There was this 3-4 mile stretch of mellow 2 track that was a consistent down hill grade. We both killed our motors and just coasted the whole way. To me that was the funnest part of the whole ride. We could talk back and forth, we surprised I don't even know how many deer and elk. The feeling of gliding through the air with only the sound of the tires on the ground was something I could definately go for more often.