1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky Love 2 - CR125 Woods bike

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, May 30, 2013.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I thought Id post a couple of pics and specs on my new to me Husky
    The previous owner Sean has set this bike up better than i would have done thats for sure
    He has a matching 2013 WR 250 so he wasnt riding it . Too bad huh....
    He is also a guy that had about 20 vintage bikes so he knows what he is doing around bikes.
    Sometimes you get lucky - had to buy it;)

Now I may have to consider selling the old 08 but maybe not - may run that as a more trail orientated WR165

This is what was on it
    ASV Brake and clutch assemblies (awesome and yum)
    Barkbuster handguards (in my favourite style)
    2012 TE 449 Headlight and front guard (looks better than expected)
    BRP chain guide
    Billet aluminium petrol cap ( Im not into bling but this looks so cool)
    Larger WR tank + original CR tank
    Fastway pegs ( my favourite)
    Ohlins dampener mounting kit and bar risers to suit
    New Force radiator guards
    Front and rear Motorsportz brake guards/protection
    TE ? bash plate
    Rear brake reservoir extension/cooler
    Sticker kit and numbers ( looks good in my opinion)
    Forks revalved for trails
    Hour Meter
    16 oz ? flywheel weight with spacer
    New piston and rings
    All bearings greased and serviced
    Near new tyres - Super HD tubes
    Front wheel nut changed and oil plug change to alloy
    Rear LED light not wired up
    Will upload some better pics sometime

$(KGrHqNHJFYFGWdWFU1gBRmSzJQENQ~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqVHJEwFGTlMJgecBRmS0pGH3w~~60_57.jpg

P1030434.JPG
    huskybear, K.Forte' and 72racerx like this.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Some more pics
    Cant ride it for a week or so :(
    Keen to try the 125 again and the newer handling

Attached Files:

72racerx likes this.
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    That's a lot of goodies on the bike
    and yes keep your old one, an all round bike is good but 2 dedicated for a different purpose is better;)

just wondering in general why do you need a Rear brake reservoir extension/cooler

How works the flywheel weight out on the riding experience?

Robert-Jan
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Good thing you mentioned that you are not into bling, or we would have never known. Nice.
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The increased reservoir helps to reduce brake fade. Sean said he was heavy on the back brake and needed it . Maybe on big down hills. There is a thread on this site on them by Tinken - Zip Ty sell one. You cant really see but the bike is so clean you could eat off it.

P1030437.JPG
    I havent ridden it yet but a fww helps on hills to get better traction , momentum, reduces snap - slower reving. It would make it more like a WR but with a better ignition.

The FWW is a big sucker though - its off a gas gas. May be too big for the 125.

I may put it on the 165 to tame it down if required
  6. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Awesome looking bike :applause: . Now just order a scalvini pipe to set it off...
    Either acerbis or polysport make a good headlight to fit the 449 front mudguard & it doest stick out as much as the stock 449 headlight.
    You plan on using this for Motocross or using it as a bush weapon as well?

Really going to have to catch up for a ride sometime.. Out with a hernia injury atm,, Bikes just been sitting catching cobwebs for most of this year...
  7. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Man, oh, man---that's outfitted very nicely---looks Factory. I thought about the 499 front fender but ended going the Yamaha route.

Really like the graphics too, especially the black Husq crown design on the shrouds.
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thanks Luke
    I am really happy with how it's set up. Couldn't get the money out quick enough
    When I counted Up the extras they were $2k and were what I would like but can never afford
    And the overall price was real good
    It's got limited use registration but I can put the other full rego plate on it from the wr
    Even though its set up for trails it's still more a track weapon so I may use it for that and maybe do an enduro

I will ride it as a 125 then throw the 144 kit on it
    the 165 kit will go on the 08 which at least has a fatty on it which will be ok for the 165
    For now
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thanks mate
    The graphics are a bit busy but I haven't seen too many that I'd prefer
  10. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Great looking bike. I hope you enjoy it. Let us know how you like it after you ride it a bunch of times.
  11. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Sweet ride Ash, Very nice !
    Keep us informed of how she goes. Definetly looks fast.
    wow It's got more bling than Mr T
    Who did the graphics kit mate?
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thanks Damo
    PDS at Slacks Creek - good quality - they do all of Full Throttles bikes
    http://pdsgraphics.com.au/
    The guy that owned it is mates with Kurt Percy from Full Throttle so I think he got good deals on parts
    I am looking forward to trying out at Coolum Mx track sometime soon - will let you know how it goes
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    First ride . Ok so my other bike is a well sorted 08 wr 144 with CR ignition and fatty
    wanted a newer frame bike for a few years. Took the new bike for a ride - interested to see what it was like!
    I was also looking forward to wringing a 125s neck before I put a 165 kit on it .

First off I didnt like the feel of the bikes power delivery mid to high

The bike didn't rev hard at all . The power delivery felt harsh and there was no top end or over rev ( just shows you its not necessarily the size of the piston ) .
    It seemed to be breaking up but not stuttery.
    I think it was a combination of the short CR muffler and the standard stepped taper 6FY43-74 needle. It felt a bit rich and plug was darkish brown . Not wet .
    There was ocasional bog spike on and off but not very often .
    I know all about the 5 slide RM needle so I will think about that - I will try adjusting needle . ( Anyone has an RM needle 5 slide they want to sell?)

Handling wise the rear suspension felt very similar to my 08 wr - maybe a bit more suited to my weight
    I cant really comment on the front end as I think it was affected by a bad wheel/fork alignment issue. It felt stiffer and hard to control but hopefully that is fixed . It also felt a bit heavier at the front .

I didnt really feel much difference in the way the bike handled to my 08 . It turns about the same . I catually had more trouble doing short turns. I feel more comforatble on my 08 but that could be just time required getting used to it and the extra power helps my 08 in the turns.
    Like on my old 310 the newer frame does seem to balance more to the rear - it allows the front end to be lifted a lot easier without much power.

The flash petrol cap leaked too.
    Liked the footpegs and levers a lot . 19 inch rear tyre was good.
    On the hills the big flywheel weight worked well. I stopped half way up a hill and it pulled back off and up the hill well. Not a lot of difference to the 144 without a flywheel weight on the hill really.

I dont know if it was the carb settings and pipe but I did think gee I like my 144 ! Cant wait to get the 165 on here to try out

P1010312.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    P1010315.JPG
  14. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    Yeah something's going on because that doesn't seem right at all. In stock form a CR should rev like the dickens, if nothing else. I have the Suzuki needle in my otherwise stock motored CR. That and the power valve adjustment indeed helped bring power down lower in the RPM range but the top end remains the same.

I wonder if it had some gas sit around in it too long and go bad? Have you pulled the carb and given it a thorough cleaning? Super cool bike, I hope you get it sorted!
    rockdancer likes this.
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Maybe - I didnt ask the guy how long it was sitting for. There is no filter on the fuel lines and there was a lot of bark like crap in the bowl but the main seemed ok . Pilot looked a bit clogged. Its running a 440 main - 47.5 pilot 4 slide. Temp was around 17 C .
    Maybe its lean up top and rich down low which made it look rich -
    It didnt feel the same as my other carb when it was rich and stuttery up top and wetting plug
    I will try needle height adjustments
    Did you try the RM needle with the 4 slide?
    I also found the older 08 TMX fits on ok and I know that works well so I will try that to see what its like as well
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Just spoke to the guy that owned it - there was some fuel in the bike that was in it before christmas :( - I will drain the fuel out
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    oops....
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Just an update on this bike - I ran it once more as a 125 and it was bogging quite a bit and Ive shelved the mikuni for the 36mm PWK I had . Ive also put on my spare 144 kit and its running a nice healthy compression of165 PSI with a 1mm squish thickness.
    Took it out for a decent ride around the Glass House Mountains and the thing was going real hard . Great power response and started to enjoy the handling a lot . Not one bog or hesitation . Great.
    The balance seems to be more to the rear than on the 08 . Makes it easier to lift front wheel .
    It did foul the plug in some of the technical stuff so I may try a leaner pilot
    I am using a needle which I think is a RM 250 needle ( R1469) - I never get any bog that I saw with the JD red /blue needles. I also tried a N7NW needle for the KX 125 and I liked the rm one better.
    When I got home unfortunately it looks like I need two new fork seals - damn. More $.
    Oh well at least Ive got my modified head for the 165 last night so I can throw that on the other bike :D
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Get yourself a Seal DR and try cleaning the seals; works like a champ for me.
    rockdancer likes this.
  20. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350