Husky Monument Ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Stroker Ace, May 2, 2009.

1. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought this might gain some more traction if we started a new thead.

Let's do a Husky Memorial Ride #2..... Memorial Day weekend?????? or???????
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

Yep it's getting that time of year again. Husky's to Husky part deux. Lets start talking about dates, no particular date is better or worse for me right now so what ever works for everyone else and I'll do my best to be there.:applause::applause::cheers:
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    My local dualsport club went on the Husky Monument ride a few months ago. I didn't get to go and I won't be able to go on this one either.:thumbsdown:

But, ya'll have fun.:)
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Is this a dirt road ride or are there dez single track with some degree of hills, rocks and washes with a certain level of technicality involved?
  5. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's in the Cal City, Kramer Jnc. Ransburg area, not far from Cuddleback dry lake. You can make it as easy or difficult as you want. Routes and difficulty can vary from 1 to 10. Some have even got lost and never made it at all....... you'll love it....
  6. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Haven't even set a date yet....... You're not available this month at all????
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

Depends on who goes and who organizes but it could be both. Last year we broke up into two groups. One group was for the guys who preferred more desert trails and the other group was the more technical. Even the more technical group was more of a casual ride than the challenges you are used too. This is more of a fun gathering than a death march, a chance to meet some people in person and have some fun. Of course that doesn't mean that there are no hills to conquer or sand washes to play in and even the trail riding group had a few opportunities to tickle the rev limiter.
  8. rajobigguy Administrator

Our group might have had a little lost in the wilderness adventure but we eventually made it.:D
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    thanks crew,,,let's start to set a firm date for logistic purposes. the monument has been on my bucket list for a awhile now.
  10. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok little brother, after we ride to the Monument, I'll take you to the Insriptions, then out to Rainbow Basin, SlashX, Johnson Valley, and on out to Mojave Road. Then we can chill at your place, then come back the next day.......LOL..... I figure if we're only gonna to ride together once a year, we'll have to do a years worth of riding once !!!

S A
  11. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey it was my idea !!

Memorial Day Weekend. (i already got in a fight with my wife about this)Same place as last time. Camping off of 20 Mule Team Parkway.

Main Ride on Sunday. Departs 9:00 am sharp!

Both an easy route, and a hard one.

Late afternoon burgers and microbrew in the Ghost Town of Randsburg.
    (3:00 pm)

Easy camping for RV's and plenty of space for the kids.

GPS and google map of staging/camping coming soon. :)
  12. rajobigguy Administrator

I'll bring lots of gas.:lol: BTW you forgot to include Pioneer town to BB.:D
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Might want to double check on closing time... I showed up last year (I thought) at 3pm on Saturday and the entire town was closing.
  14. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Mike: I thought we lost you there for a while.... I don't know, but I've heard some things about needing a permit to camp?????? Does anyone know or know how to find out?????
  15. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh yeah...... thanks for reminding me, and also Bradshaw Trail to Blythe........
  16. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Best I can tell so far. A permit is required to OPERATE a green or red sticker vehicle within the city limits. Nothing about camping or plated bikes. I think we're good if we're camping outside the city limits for the green sticker guys. The green and red sticker bikes need a permit to ride into Randsburg, and they are available in Rand.
  17. Doormandan Husqvarna
    A Class

Can't Make it Memorial Day Weekend after or before? Perhaps next time, the last trip was a lot of fun
    Dan Lyman:cheers:
  18. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    What dates are we talking about.
  19. Doormandan Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks like 5/23-24-25/09 Saturday to Monday
    Dan L:cheers:
  20. HuskyT Moderator

So I could ride my TC450 Green sticker / No plate but would have to get a permit to be able to go into town and get a burger and brew?

How long would the tech loop be.... I run a stock mx tank and can carry extra fuel in my pack .....can I top off in Randsburg...?

I'm thinking about coming out Sunday only....

Anyone tell me approx travel time and distance to the campspot from Corona or Riverside?

T