1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Husky on ice Sweden

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

First time out with my new WR 300. Absolutely great! A sunny weekend with good friends and homemade tyres with screws gave good grip! Lot of power in this bike! The KTM´s had a hard time to catch up! I had the bike jetted as follows: 45 pilot, GAY needle in 3rd pos. and 490 mainjet, and it ran perfekt at minus 5-7 degrees Celsius( around 15-20F i think).

Johnny

Attached Files:

2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man Johnny you are harcore; ice riding! LOL I installed a FMF PC 2 on my little 125 yesterday and the few runs I made across my back field in 25* weather made me head back to the garage. So your 300 Husky can run with them pumpkins thats cool.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you John! I´ll give them a run for the money anytime! I think i´ll buy a ProCircuit pipe for mine. I´ve heard here at the Forum that they work good on the 300. We had -13 degrees Celsius this morning!

Johnny
  4. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Just look at you 'back steering' that thing to keep the rear end behind you on a frozen over lake! I can't hardly stand to walk down to the mail box when it's 13*F!!! You're like a whole different species than me. :lol:

I'm really glad you like your new WR300, and that it runs so well for you,....I really mean that. I'll bet it would be a blast to ride with you sometime,....But I'd want to do it over here, in the summer,...you, me and john01, in the deep tight hot steamy sweltering woods of KY or VA, at about 85*F in June or July! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for that pic and the little ride report,...very cool. :thumbsup:
  5. mal5.1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Great pic mate. That's really cranking on the ice. Do you guys set up a track or just blast around on the ice? The WR300 is so much fun to ride hey.
  6. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Cool!

Need a close up of the tyres with screws :)
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Haha! Thanks! It´s really nice to powerslide on the ice with good tyres. just control the slide with the throttle. I practiced to keep my feet on the pegs all the time yesterday, and that,s exciting! It worked out well though! no highsides! By the way, i would probably die of overheating if i rode with you in that temperature! I´m coldblooded you know! Haha!

Johnny
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi! We make different tracks. If it´s much snow we use a 4-wheeler with a plow and do tracks. that´s really great when you can lean the bike down on the wall of snow and just twist the throttle and make a big cloud of snowsmoke=)! if it ain´t snow we use plastic cones!

Johnny
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I´ll see if i can put a pic in this evening!

Johnny
  10. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    cool pic man ! reminds me of winter at home ! and i dont think i coud handle the cold summers rusty ! 85 brrrrrr ! was well over 100( 38 deg celsius !) in september and not even summer yet !.... has been cooler this week at around 30 deg and 90% humidity !! lol

on a side note, WV has some prime riding territory...the 300 chainsaw would be a hoot there ! matehas one and it flies
  11. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

I guess it's summertime for you right now huh? Yeah I like 'er hot too mate! Wish I was down there with you now.

Were you talking about West Virginia? 'Cause I ride the Hatfield~McCoy's super system down there all the time,...just a couple hours drive for me from KY. How do you know about WV, you world traveling globe hopping mate you!? :lol:

Yeah we've got some decent stuff here, but did you see that pic of mal5.1's WR300 down there on his home turf?....awesome.
    And those Pacific Northwest/Canadian boys have it made too,...Motosportz, Mark, PC, Troy,...ect. And let's not forget the cradle of American dirt biking,...Southern California.
  12. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here is some pics from the iceracing, and as you can see the "pumpkin is behind! The other picture we take a break, and the next one is my rear tire that i made myself only for iceracing.

Johnny
  13. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Icestuff!

Here is some pics

Attached Files:

14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok Johnny what keeps the screws from putting holes in your tubes? Cool pics.
  15. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Johnny you guys are brutes baby!
    For God's sake be careful about running over each other in a little spill!
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ouch didn't think about that! Mabye the pumpkin is running in the best spot LOL.
  17. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

First of all we drill with 2,5mm from the outside in every knob. Then we see on the inside where to put the screws. We dip them in glue and screw them in. After that we take a used hose and cut it in half and put it in the tyre. Then we use 4mm heavy duty endurohoses. You have to use very low tyre pressure or else the screws will break under load. The tyre have to be very flexible. I even drove without any pressure at all yesterday=)! A hard tyre with stiff walls is necessary. When you twist the throttle out of the corners the bike goes up on the reartire! Hehe! Will race on Wednesday again!
  18. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeap! It´s a bit dangerous to be right behind! It also happens that a screw breaks, and you don´t want that in your eye i can tell you... One of my friends fell on Saturday, on his pumpkin of course:D , a nice highsider, and another friend had to panicbreak not to run over him, so that was close to make him a salami! But it was a good laugh afterwards!
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very good thanks and go get them Wednesday!
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Nice photo, Johnny!! Can you post a larger version of the same photo? Or can you e-mail it to me? I'd like to put it on the splashpage :thumbsup:

Nice tires, too!

WoodsChick