Husky riders do another great thing!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Joe Chod, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey all,
    Just a quick note on another great effect of the Husqvarna community and the attendees of the NE Husky Gathering this year.

As many know we chose a beneficiary for any profit made. This year we had 2; 1 who is the child of a local track owner who is losing their eyesight and the other, the son of another who is suffering from MS.

The Bearcreek Sportsman and the Ridgeriders hosted a charity ride for Art Tompkins son Louie. Dec. 13th 2009. Louie is the owner of the property that both of the world enduros as well as the Ridge Run Enduro are held on. He was also a key figure in opening up the Hancock area to motorcycles. Louie has encountered a serious medical problem. He earns his living by manual labor. Due to his illness he has not been able to work.

Louie could not attend but his parents were there and helping put on the event which was for their son.....talk about dedication to the sport!

We, (and I DO say we...those that attend the event, the sponsors who donated for the raffles, and even some of you who sent some cash for the cause) presented a cool keepsake oversize check to help the family during the holidays and with medical bills.

Looking tired but happy after a good day!
    [IMG]

There were over 50 riders attending for the cause. Also the opportunity to ride on much of the WEC 06 and 07 course (WOW!) There was about 8 inches of snow and as if on que, it began to snow when the ride started. There was a SnowCross track and Drew Smith showed us some of the gnarliest stuff used in the WEC and encouraged the most daring. He had that WR125 screaming.....I only regret the helmet cam was not on as he rode up the sluice from the 2007 WEC. Heres some of the lower part and slightly less steeper than the top.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO3ZEhME-Mg&feature=related

Thanks to all the sponsors for their donations. We did post them on the check and prop them at the presentation. Several Husky riders there did not know of many of you and/or that you made stuff for Huskys. All good stuff

Thank you one and all.
    Joe
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good job Joe!:cheers: I always wanted to hand over one of those big checks! A big thanks to Drew and all the Ridge Riders, Bear Creek Sportsman and everyone else.:notworthy::notworthy: I'm bummed I missed this ride, because I'm nursing a work related broken finger.
  3. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Joe
    It was fun rideing with you and Bob GREAT JOB on the big check everyone appreciated it. I stayed with Art & Marilyn for a while after you left they were happy about all the good will. Hope the ride home went OK The road was very bad hapily I made it OK.:thumbsup: