Husky Road Racer (special build)

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Dec 28, 2008.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I like that little thing. I think Husqvarna ought to sell them, street legal.
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

So far as I understand, under the proposed 450 series class rules here, only Honda, Yamaha, and Kawi 450's are homologated. However, since the Husky is sold here in sufficient numbers, no reason why it couldn't gain approval as well.

Now for one of our 65hp Highland 450's.......Tee, hee
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    they had a couple of them at Laguna seca usgp on display a Hon and I don't remember the other I think a kaw,,I think they were Rolands bikes.
  6. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, a Honda and a Kawi. And, yes, they are Rolands' bikes. I understand there are others being built by a few teams and they will be racing as an exhibition class at selected AMA pro-races in '09. At least that was the word in November, I think...

Frankly tho', I'm not sure what the point is, an SV650 can run circles around these singles at lower cost. Ditto of course for I4 600's. A spec class can easily be created around those. For that matter, on most technical tracks [read: shorter tracks], a well-prepped 450 Motard is really quick; why spend mucho dinero trying to make it look like a pukka GP bike??
  7. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good point!
  8. Yanni23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Buy the forks/wheels/brakes/fairings...and you have a street-legal bike, if it's a TE frame. It's all in the title work. The TE's are legal and you are using the same frame with the same VIN.

Add just enough lights to get it through inspection, and you have a winner. :thumbsup:
  9. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's pretty cool!....

But I still like it as a SM for hooligan riding... and it can whip the S%!$ out of most sportbikes in the twisties
  10. Stapleking Husqvarna
    A Class