1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky standard spec info BAAAAAAAD !!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by make meh samich, Mar 25, 2013.

1. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    :confused: :confused: So I bought a '13 WR 125 after reading the rave reviews here. Absolutley lovin it so far except for bog issues (which ive got advice on (thanks dudes), and a skatey front end. I softened the comp about 4 clicks which has helped heaps but thinkin i might try lighter front springs.

PROBLEM. The bike comes with no info on bugger all. I cant believe it. Why wouldnt they tell us whats in our bikes???

So i called a dealer (dont have one locally) and asked for fork springs two stages lighter than stock, GUESS what he asked me? Yep, what springs are in there!:confused:

So the dealers cant even find out what they are? I was told i need to pull mine out and measure them so he can relay that info to an aftermarket mob. Is it just me or is that a bit SUCKFULL?
    Has anyone else had this drama?
  2. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Call Bills...they are a sponsor on this site. Very much in the know when it comes to YOUR bike. btw...great choice on bikes...enjoy
  3. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    If they look at parts book it says what the fork springs are but not what the shock is. Forks are .54 and shock is 5.0 if I remember correct.
  4. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi,
    We have a 2011 XC 150 which was sourced from the States and i suppose started life as a WR 125. We have the 50mm marzoochi's and we have just replaced the seals (leaking oil profusely) and re had them revalved. Spring rate is 0.44 (measured) and these should be good for up to 85kg or maybe even a tad more. My suspension guru set comp at 16 (low) and 20(high) and rebound at 20 after a revalve. In comparison my 250 ktm has as standard the 0.40 and they are a bit soft. Shock spring rate is 5.0.

Hope this helps
  5. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    The race tech suspension website has loads of info for springs on all different bikes. I use it all the time. They are also very nice to talk to they would know for sure.
  6. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    It all helps. Thanks for replys. Im 78kgs in the buff, the shock seems to have perfect sags. Front sags I find tricky to measure but seems to be 10-15mm too tall. I get a fair bit of under steer and deflection of small rocks, which im putting down to rear biased ballance. The forks are bout 20mm above triple clamp so no joy to be found there. Not keen on spending coin on suspension gurus after ordering the 165 setup.
    Just springs one or two steps softer would fix I think.
    But Im not confident in what I think, and thats where you guys come in.
    Am I thinking right?
  7. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    The first thing is to change the fork oil. The stock stuff is thick and viscous. You will be surprised when you drain it out. Put some decent 5 wt in there at the maximum distance and you will be happier. I changed my front springs from 0.44 KG stock to 0.42 KG and my rear from 4.5 KG to 5.4 KG. Huge difference! You will find the bike is far better balanced with a heavier spring on the rear. Thanks to Dwight for the info! :cheers:
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Not terribly sure where else you are used to discussing bikes, but generally speaking you will get good input on this site by simply asking a question such as
    "Does anyone know what springs are in the 2013 WR125?".
  9. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    So

Sorry.
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stock fork springs are .42kg. Same as on the 250 and 300. I weigh 185lbs+ and use a .40kg fork spring. Reduced compression damping (Done by Hall's Cycles) by 20%. Shock spring is a 5.0kg. I use a 6kg.
    Fork Static sag of 41mm , Rider sag of 75mm.
    Rear Shock static sag of 33mm and rider sag of 103mm.
    Excellent suspension.
    Pirelli tires: FIM Scorpion Pro front and MX Extra 100/100X18 rear.
  11. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Thanks, Dwight! I'm on vacation and was going by memory. Anyway, I tried the 6.0 KG rear spring and found I liked the 5.4 KG much better. The suspension is excellent!
  12. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    So what is the oil height ? Went two clicks soft top and bottom and it was much better,rear is rather nice.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Absolutely! I've been telling that to Husqvarna for years...
  14. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    [quoffee, post: 292324, member: 2"]Absolutely! I've been telling that to Husqvarna for years...[/quote]
    Then whats with the criticism? If we all ask single questions we'll get single answers. Hardly interesting!
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    :popcorn:
    (I think its the language used - I wouldnt argue the point )
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Then whats with the criticism? If we all ask single questions we'll get single answers. Hardly interesting![/quote]
    I agree. Every sporting event needs a facts man and a color commentary. If not the Cafe would read like an owners manual.
    454x likes this.
  17. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    100 to 120mm from the top with the springs out and the forks compressed. I also backed out my compression adjuster all the way.
  18. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Thanks,now i have to ask. I was told by two suspension guys that if I have to click the adjustments full in or out a respring or revalve is in order as they are outside of a usable range.
    Did you get what you needed,or do you need more.
  19. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I would say that is true. That's why Dwight had 20% taken out of the compression damping on his. I may eventually have mine done as well but right now it is working perfect for me.