1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky WR 150 wins test in TBM magazine!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just bought the British mag TBM (Trailbike Magazine).

There was acomparison between the Husky, Tm 144 EN, and the KTM 150 XC.

The husky won on it´s strong engine, even if they complained on the low rev bogging compared to the TM and KTM. They called the engine an absolute blinder!

It was also the cheapest bike.

They also lioked the responsive chassi.

The final comment was that it absolutely hawled down the straights and that you could be oh so late on the fantastic brakes, which no KTM ever can live up to=)!

The dynorun they did showed that the husky delivered most power too, with the KTM at last place!

The Husky gave 4 hp more at 10000 rpm than the KTM, roughly 15%!

The powercurve was also much broader at the top compared to the TM, which had almost identical peak power, justt 0,07 hp less=).

One downside with the Husky was it´s weight, 107,5 kilos filled up with fuel, and the TM was 105,35 kilos, while the KTM weighted only98,55 kg, but that was without lights, speedo, switchgear, but it holds almost 3 litres more fuel instead.

Suspensionwise they liked all bikes, but the Husky was a little softer compared to the other two.

BUT, Husky still took it!

Johnny
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice :thumbsup: not that we didn't already know that from owning them :D

Good stuff :cheers:
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thought i make you guys happy!:thumbsup:

Johnny
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats awesome. I would own no other 125/150 than a Husky. See why I can't sell my 08 CR125 Husky? Thanks for the report Johnny :cheers:
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does TBM have a web presence?
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is anyone else surprised by the weight of the Husky?
    If my math is right they're saying the little Husky weighs 236lbs!
    That's beyond porker for a tiddler
    Is that correct?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It sure does FEEL super light. Thats all i really care about.
  10. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

im betting the KTM is VERY detuned, we had a KTM 150SX and it was the fastest small bore ive ever rode. KTM gets its 144cc by bore and stroke so its a lil different from the Husky version of 144cc. all that being said ive never rode either trail version of the bikes so maybe im just farting in the wind....
  11. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

But the WR and TM had lights, battery, turnsignals, etc. and were only a few pounds apart. They are sold in Europe as street legal bikes. The KTM had none of that.

It would have been nice if they pulled all that off and weighed it just to see how they compared in race form.
  12. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The lights on the WR make very little difference. The headlight (minus the weight of the number plate) + the regulator + the extra wiring is only about a quarter of a pound. Add in the odometer and you are talking at most half a pound. The KTM on the other hand carries far more extra weight in fuel (I think the KTM is 2.9 gallons while the Husky is about 2.2). Maybe I am wrong on the fuel but if not the KTM is way lighter. I wish the Husky was close to the KTM weight but even with the extra poundage I would much rather have the WR.

Now if these were tested in some euro street legal trim then never mind all this. I have no idea what that stuff weighs.
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    lights, brackets, computer, looms, bash plate, kickstand+ 4#'s plus according to my fish scale. toss an IMS tank on the WR and that's another .5# off too- serious, the ims tank was lighter than my stocker.

either way, the minor weight diff aint worth the extra cost, esp since KTM act's like their stuff's made of gold, esp if you have a problem- gooood luck. got my WR (125, i know, same diff almost) for a song. it's built butt-tough, weighs a little more for a reason. tom ritchey said it best: cheap, light, strong. pick any two. i got lucky and got all 3. i freakin LOVE this little thing!

mreeep!
  14. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Husky was the strongest even that they weren´t totally pleased with the jetting, so maybe there is even more to get from it with a corrected jetting too!
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    i should getta job jetting bikes for these mags...hehehe
  16. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Husky was the strongest even that they weren´t totally pleased with the jetting, so maybe there is even more to get from it with a corrected jetting too!
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    post 17....

there's an echo in here and it sounds like johnnymannen! :D :doh: :)
  18. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, i start to wonder what i was drinking here! Absolut Vodka? Octane Booster?:banana:!
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Remember Euro WR150 is street legal with Turn signals and battery and horn , and other street legal stuff.
  20. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    TBM seems like a good magazine. I wanted to subscribe until I found out that it's $102 a year to post to the US.