1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Husky wr 360

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by coca2113, May 26, 2013.

1. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
    I got my wr 360 modified by Eric gorr. He ported, plated and head moded my engine. I had a jetting issue and toasted my brand new engine. Called gorr and told him what I did. He was super cool about it and fixed my foul up for free. Also bought my piston and such from him which he also discounted. Just wanted to share my experience of super good service.
    Eaglefreek likes this.
  2. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Id be forking out for a bottle of Johnny Blue or something!! What a Legend!

Stu
    coca2113 likes this.
  3. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    How does it run now compared to before? I've heard good things about his porting on the 360.
  4. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
    Well my bike ran for about twenty minutes until it seized. My jetting was just to lean, but I rode it for twenty minutes and it was crazy more powerful. I am not the best with motorcycle terms as I am brand new to it, but the power rolled on very smooth, it helped open up my top end a lot and also gave me more bottom end. I got his mobetta all over porting mod with the head mod as well. I will tell you one thing it is so freaking hard to kick over now. There is so much compression that none of my friends can kick it over. Which is a good thing as it will keep them off my bike. I am going to put it back together in about a week when I get my lectron carb. I will let you know after I test it some more.
  5. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    I like the bottom end on my 360 but it signs off so early compared to my 250. It would be great to keep the bottom but add some punch on top.

Yeah, kicking them can be tough, especially with the funky kick lever. I rotated my kicker forward one spline. That and aiming my kick more back than down helped a bunch.

I had a 36mm lectron on mine and it worked well but it's on my 250 now. I plan to get another in the future. My bike has a bigger tank that made getting to the choke very hard, didn't try it with the stock tank. I mentioned it to Kelly and I think he now offers a cable choke conversion.

Can't wait to hear about it when you get it back together.
  6. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
    What made you decide on getting a 36 carb instead of a 38?
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Yep, if you're after a big bore 2t with top-end then the WR360 is not your bike...it's all about bottom and mid with the 360.
  8. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
    I agree, I bought the wr 360 for the mid and bottom. But it's sweet to now have the top end punch that came with the new porting. It's sweet. The best part is the head mod gave me even more bottom.
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    it would do as hes upped the compression it would have helped all over, the exhaust porting will help scavange at higher reves depending what and how he cut at it, glad to hear yours is as stubborn to start as mine, i went down the decompression route as im short and i could stand on the lever with out the engine budging. gentle hisss as it slowly forced the air between the rings.. now one click and its a kick an gone
  10. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
    How did you do the decompression thing? I would love to be able to kick it over easier. How did you make it easier to kick over?
    bud7041 likes this.
  11. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    right long story short i drilled a hole int the head where the husky logo is, infront of the sparkplug, it was 22mm i got the local foundry to give me a solid slug of high grade ally. i machined it got local hot rodder to weld it in postion and then drilled a hole in the slug to accept the 10mm thread decomp valve like the chainsaws use. it took some sanding back in the combustion chamber and it self resets, you can get auto ones but they are a 14mm spark plug thread and the way i did it ment i couldnt use one...
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    I'm a lugger not a revver. 36 seemed to make more sense for that, although I'm not sure it matters much.
  14. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
  15. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
    Well I finally got it all back together and running. After my first ride I can tell you it is sweet. I also added a lectron so some of the new feel was from the carb. I have a buddy who has rode just about every two stroke there is and he says its the best engine he has ever rode. It has even more bottom end and lots of top. The bike now has power all the way through and you don't have to ring on it or wind up to get the top end. Simply put it was very much worth every dollar spent. If you decide to do it I would suggest you do the Wally bean intake boot mod.
  16. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    wow!!!
    that is interesting, I bought my 360 for grunt, went downsize twice have a 500 and 430 in mothballs
    this is interesting as you have a full powerband but did not give up the bottom en that was my attraction
    if you don't mind my asking, how much, if inappropriate to post here send me a PM as I am very interested
  17. coca2113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 wr 360
    I paid 225 for the porting. It included porting and a head mod. With Eric's porting you pick how the power will be delivered. I picked his porting that distributed the power evenly. It makes for a smooth power delivery with so much spunk. It improved my power through out including my bottom end. My top end now has major punch. I also did the Wally bean air boot mod. It also helped open up my top end. So overall I now have a full power band and even more bottom end grunt. Eric gorr forward motion is the company that did the porting. I have nothing but praise for his work. If you have any questions let me know. If your ever in ut come give my bike a try.