Husqvarna and Salminen - E1 World Champions! Press Release

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by HuskyT, Oct 3, 2011.

1. HuskyT Moderator

Husqvarna and Salminen - E1 World Champions!
    After Meo takes E2 World Enduro Championship, Salminen gives Husqvarna second World Title in 2011.

[IMG]
    Husqvarna CH Racing celebrates their second world enduro championship for 2011. Photo: Husqvarna CH Racing

October 3, 2011 - Corona, CA - Husqvarna CH Racing Monster Energy Team rider Juha Salminen has been crowned Enduro 1 world champion, placing his TE250 on the top step of the E1 class podium on the first day's competition at the final round of the 2011 series - the GP of France.

Following teammate Antoine Meo's crowning as Enduro 2 World Champion for Husqvarna at the penultimate round of the WEC series in Andorra, Salminen's championship success brings Husqvarna's participation in the '11 WEC series to a triumphant close.

"It's a great feeling to have won another world title, and to be a part of what has been a fantastic season for Husqvarna," Salminen commented. "Everyone in the team has put in a huge amount of effort this year and that's been rewarded with two world titles. It's been a fantastic season and it feels great to be world champion again."

"This has been a fantastic season for us in so many ways," said Husqvarna Racing coordinator Martino Bianchi. "But the most important thing is that we proved the competitiveness and reliability of both the TE250 and TE310. This is a great time for Husqvarna and for everyone in the company as well as for the CH Racing Team and all of their partners. It's been a long and challenging season. Now it's time to enjoy what we have achieved and celebrate."

[IMG]
    Salminen wrapped up the E1 world championship on day one of the GP of France. Photo: Husqvarna CH Racing
  2. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

:applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Well done
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    E1 and E2 championships to Husky.

Sounds to me like Husky is dominating World Enduro. :cheers:
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Juha Salminen now holds 8 World Championships in FIM Enduro Competition. He now holds the record for most World Enduro Championships. The first 7 all on KTMs.
    Juha moves ahead of Kari Tiainen and Anders Eriksson who hold 7 each. I personally think he a couple or more in him, the guy is amazing. I would also say without much argument that Ju-haul is the best closed course off road rider in the world and has been for a while now.
    aai likes this.
  5. aai Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the pleasure of watching him race in a few GNCCs during his two years. He was so smooth it was hard to believe he was leading the races.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Watching him ride on his own turf in Finland was amazing. I was once told that when it comes to Rally Cars or dirt bike....."if you want to win....hire a Finn!" :lol: