HUSQVARNA EXITS SUPERMOTO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    HUSQVARNA EXITS SUPERMOTO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    [IMG]

Husqvarna will not participate officially in the 2012 Supermoto World Championship. Husqvarna has always been a leader in the World Supermoto championship with a total of 12 world titles with some of the most successful and iconic riders of the sport such as Eddy Seel, Gerald Delepine, Chareyre brothers and last in order of time Mauno Hermunen. 2012 marks a temporary stop for Husqvarna in the World Championship. Husqvarna will focus more strongly in support of national activities through its sales network.

bmw plot thickens ... Getting a little weird and of course just another business decision ... You gotta wonder what is gonna happen when they actually touch the 250s ....
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    sigh...
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ... :( .... I bet the guys in Italy who have won World champions on the previous model 450s and the new engine are not speaking any GER right now ...
  4. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    sad day for supermoto, always had a thing for their motard racers.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yep ... These racers are bada$$s .. I was just glad to see Husky dominate some form of racing ... SM bikes are on the way out? Maybe but I remember one of the Husky dealers saying SM sales made up quite a bit of his overall sales in the states ... So again, it is just another card being played ... I'm disappointed to say the least ....
  6. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    we'll have to see what happens, i hope this isn't the end for the husky motards, its what made me love them in the first place.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM was the one true bright spot for this bike on the world racing scale ... we'll have to see what happens ....
    Huskymotardman likes this.
  8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can only hope they are doing what some the Asian bike makers have done; offer factory support to teams but not have a factory team. If they are pulling out completely then it is a sad day indeed.
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Popularity for SM has been in decline for some time now. Husaberg have also taken their 570 SM out of production. I´ve always thought the SMs are the best suited bikes for urban hooning ... but you can´t complain if they´re only a niche market and don´t bring in the moolah. Suppose we can always convert any MX bike that takes our fancy.
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    OUCH!...I better get another SM to replace the one I just sold....dag gommitt !
  12. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    I wonder if thats a sign that BMW wants to go in a different direction.
    I for one would like to see it continue as the brand has an exotic label when i bring mine out. Plus i amazed a guy on a SVX450; he thought i was on a 690 or something big. :applause:
  13. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class