HUSQVARNA RACERS FIGHT ON OVER MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 2011 PRESS RELEASE

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by HuskyT, Jun 1, 2011.

1. HuskyT Moderator

HUSQVARNA RACERS FIGHT ON OVER MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
    Burson second in West Hare Scrambles, XC2 riders press on at Pennsylvania GNCC

May 31, 2011 – Corona, CA -
    Zip-Ty Racing Husqvarna’s Nick Burson starred in round four of the AMA Western National Hare Scrambles, and led the charge early in the race before ultimately finishing second. Burson and his TXC511 showed the way in the first three laps of the Ridgecrest, California event but he was forced to make an unscheduled pit stop after a rock bent his shift lever and left him stuck in third gear.

“It was a bummer because I was leading,” Burson said. “But the team did a great job and got me back in the race in third place. I was able to get back into second place before the end so it was still a good day.”

[IMG]

Nick Burson piloted his TXC511 to second place at the AMA West National Hare Scrambles in Ridgecrest, CA.

The Fred Andrews Racing Husqvarna team was also in action over Memorial Day weekend as the east coast conditions finally dried out enough to allow the Grand National Cross Country series to resume. FAR Husqvarna riders Jason Thomas and Morgan Moss had not only the 14-mile Pennsylvania course to confront, but their own injuries as well. Thomas pulled two ribs out of place in a local race one week earlier, and Moss was dealing with a recent knee injury, but both XC2-class riders toughed it out through the rocky, hilly course to card decent finishes.

Thomas was off to a second-place start in the XC2 class and found his stride in sixth place, where he remained for much of the three-hour race. Despite being in a lot of pain, Thomas was able to push himself into fifth before the checkered flag. It was a modest finish for Thomas, but one that allowed him to retain second in XC2 points standings. Moss also battled through the pain and finished 13th after running inside the top-ten for much of the race.

[IMG]

Jason Thomas dealt with dislocated ribs at the Rock Run GNCC but still rode to a solid finish.

"Kudos to our guys for pushing through the pain to finish a tough GNCC race," commented Husqvarna's National Marketing Manager Corey Eastman. "And congratulations to Nick Burson for getting his TXC511 on yet another national podium!"

Next AMA National Hare Scrambles: June 11-12, 2011 – Elkton, OR
    Next GNCC Race: June 26, 2011 – Snowshoe GNCC, Snowshoe, WV

Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
    Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
    Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA Enduro, GNCC, Endurocross, National Hare & Hound, the AMA Hare Scrambles Series and WORCS competition. Husqvarna team riders are competing in the premier classes of each series aboard 2011 Husqvarna TXC250, TXC449, TXC511, and TE310 off-road models.

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
    391 N. Main Street, Suite 201
    Corona, CA 92880 USA

T

2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    good lookin 250....

go Team Ridgecrest!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Next AMA National Hare Scrambles: June 11-12, 2011 – Elkton, OR

Good chance i will be there.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    yer always goin ta cool places seein fresh faces and dealin' aces at the races.

prolly no dust too.

i hate you.