husqvarna tc 449 2011 RPM limiter

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Andrey Musinov, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Andrey Musinov Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR510 2007
    Hello.
    I have husqvarna tc 449 2011 (make 09/2010).
    We tested it with the guys today. For some reason the rpm limiter is set too low. We compared with KTM 350 sxf 2011 and Yamaha wr450f. I have the feeling that the restriction goes up to 7000 rpm. It's not good for motocross, i used ktm 250 2t exc 2010.
    Tell me, what can be done? Maybe there is set to break? And this is the soft and hard modes. For example, almost yamaha wr450g up to 11,000 rpm.
    Whether as a limit on the RPM?
    Thank you!
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    My TE 449 has a similarly low RPM rev limiter. I've hit the limiter while reving the engine stationary, but never hit it while riding. If the TC version is set the same as the TE, I could see it as an issue.
  3. Andrey Musinov Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR510 2007
    so all the same it is possible to remove the rev limiter, or move them higher?
    limiter is activated at neutral as well as during the ride.
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I can't answer if the limiter can be removed or moved higher. Hopefully, someone with more experience will be able to answer.
  5. Andrey Musinov Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR510 2007
    maybe I have damaged a wire, which allows the injector to know that the gear, but not neutral?
  6. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I'm sure that one of the bikes I owned had an artificially low rev limit in neutral. I remember reading in the manual that because the engine could spin up very quickly in neutral there was the possibility of damage without it.

Darned if I can remember which bike it was though,,, :lol:
  7. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    My 511smr feels like it runs out of revs quick aswel, i had a ktm 450 exc 2009 motard before and it seems like that bike revved alot higher, my 511 on the other hand feels like it gets half way then hits the limiter, but cant say much as its due its first service maybe when i have that done akra pipe installed it will be better.
  8. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

If they set the limiter at the factory surely its for a reason? Cant you just change up sooner...?
    From the dyno rsults for other huskys (and most other engines) I have seen, the power always runs off before the max revs anyway.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    never noticed this on my TE511.
  10. SAM511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 HUSQVARNA TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 HUSABERG 450 2014 HUSABERG 501
    Likewise, on my TE511, I have not had any rev limiter issues, or issues where it feels as if it runs out of revs too early.

Power delivery is very good for trail riding. Maybe competition use is another set of circumstances ?