1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Husqvarna vs KTM

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bsh7680, Apr 24, 2010.

1. bsh7680 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 PW 50, 08 KTM 50 JR Pro
    So I just sold an 06 KTM 250 XCW that was pretty well stock with alot of goodies. I Brought an 09 Husky WR300, so here is the comparison after first ride. The Motor :thumbsup: I have never ridden a bike with so much smooth power. The suspension :D Husky had valve work done before I bought it and it is great. Ergonomics :thumbsup: I was afraid of this part of the bike, but I love the feel and how tall the bike rides. Clutch :) OK not as easy to pull as the hydrolic, but when you need it half the time it does not matter as much. Overall :applause: Very happy with the change. Questions. Vibration :banghead: what is up with this, can get used to it but any suggestions on fixing. Brakes :confused: any way to make them a little more responsive.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I can't answer any questions on the 300 but congrats on getting one.
  3. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    I have a 06 KTM 250XC and 09WR300 and they take some adjustment when going from one to the other.

The KTM seems smaller and more compact. Wears it's weight lower and is easier to throw around in the tight stuff. I tend to ride it standing up more often and the Brembo brakes are smooth and predictable. It seems busier and really shines when ridden aggressively. To get the front Brembo brake to work properly, I had to have it rebuilt as it just did not want to hold pressure right out of the box.

The Husky does vibrate more and I think the consensus was that most of it comes through the frame/pegs more so than the handle bars. It does not bother me too much but is noticeable. Rubber mounts for the pegs and bars? Good set of gel grips might help too. The Husky seems long and roomy and is very stable. It will tractor nicely in the tight nasty stuff too and let you ride over stuff with your ass planted in the seat. Great climber and it's a blast to ride fast when the trail opens up.
    Not sure what to do about the brakes yet either.:confused: The rear floating solid rotor Brembo is only adequate, and the front Brembo is down right grabby and requires some caution. I'm 6'2"-225 and overall the Husky fits me better and I love the bigger power feel which is not major, but noticeable over the KTM250. I paid $5900 for my 09 WR300 and all things considered, it was/is a huge bargain. :thumbsup:

Valhalla
  4. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Valhalla if your WR300 is just a little more powerfull than your KTM 250XC i think your Husky is not tuned properly.

I rode 2 days per weeks with my friend that have a KTM 300XC-W 2009 and the biggest difference between the 2 bikes is the power.
    My Husky totally walk away from the KTM in the power department.
    The low end is simillar, the middle is really more strong on the Husky and on the top, there is no comparaison the Husky is in another planet.

The only thing that avantage the is KTM is the wider gear ratio on the XC-W on the fire road.

*** Just note that im not a "biased Husky owner", my two previous bike was KTM but in term of power, the orange just cant match the strongness of the Husky,
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As far as the brakes go you could put a vented rotor on the rear, it would definitely be more responsive.
  6. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    I think Dirt Rider hit it right on the head when they said the WR300 is fast, but just doesn't feel fast. With my girth the bike doesn't scare me like my 'ol KX500 use to.:) My 300 runs great and feels stout, but is also very manageable.

Valhalla
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet!!!