1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husqvarna WR 125 2008 Loud sounds

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Dan731, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Dan731 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR125
    Hey! As far as i know all huskys that i've ever heard are extremely loud compared to ktm exc models. I think it has something to do with the airbox being so poorly sealed so theres loud suction noise. I have a 2012 KTM EXC 125 Silencer on my husky but its still extremely loud. Any suggestions on getting lower sounds? And what could i use to soundproof the airbox a little more without messing with airflow too much.
    Thanks!
  2. Dan731 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR125
    And also is it only my husqvarna or is it the same with all that i have to adjust the carb even for a 5 degree celsius change in the weather?
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    no you are not the only one but there is a solution for your carb problem

get a LECTRON

Have a browse on this forum and you know what the deal is

the TMX is very sensitive and not only on temp also on humidity and elevation (all parameters that effect the amount of oxygen in the air)

Robert-Jan
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I don't think my bike is especially loud for a "racey" 2-stroke. Way louder than my old KDX but that's not saying much...

I've run my PWK with one setting from about 50 to 95 degrees, from 0 to 2500 feet elevation, not an issue.
  5. Dan731 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR125
    Should i post a video of my bikes sounds? Its loud even though my pipe is completely sealed throughout and i have just changed the packing in my silencer, and yes its packed right.
  6. Dan731 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR125
  7. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I have a DB snorkel installed on my bike and it does does work in reducing the noise but more the high pitch sneer sound

from your video i can't say that your bike is overly load

what is the concern for you?
    Robert-Jan
  8. Dan731 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR125
    I keep getting noise complaints because i live in a city and the bike is registered as road legal (which it totally isnt):D and i would love for it to be a tad quieter so i could ride in peace. And as far as the airbox is, would soundproofing it by adding some sort of fabric? or something like that help? because it sounds like it would have the seat off the whole time.
  9. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I would think that the majority of noise come from the air box what you could try is to line the inside of the air filter with noise absorption foam

in my early days when I building loud speakers i used some of this material
    the following link is a manufacturer of the stuff http://www.pritex.co.uk/ but for sure there are more options on the same concept.

Robert-Jan
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    It sounds normal
    I've only heard of one guy doing insulation in box or sealing holes
    But there may be restriction in airflow
    How easy was it to fit the silencer?
  11. Dan731 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR125
    It wasnt too hard, i cut about 10cm of the silencer off so it would line up and just connected it with some car radiator hose and some hose clamps. And the attachments on the silencer lined up with a small extension on the lower clamp of the silencer.
  12. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I'm not sure what you expect out of a two smoker, but that thing sounds normal to me. Maybe you should consider a four stroke if your looking for a quieter bike. :cheers:
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The long FMF turbine core muffler off the KTM 200 makes mine nice and quiet. I have a YZ250 muffler on it now and it is loud, to loud. All of this is on a 165cc kitted bike with various versions of KTM 200 pipes.
  14. Dan731 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR125
    In the video it doesnt sound loud, but irl its pretty loud compared to ktm exc 125's. And no 4-strokes for me ;)