1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husqvarna wr/sm 125 02 convert to 06+

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Tomtedrift, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Tomtedrift Husqvarna
    B Class

Hello dear husky fans!

I'm thinking about to convert my husqvarna wr/sm 125 2002 to 2006+ plastics.
    So I wonder what i need to do? Do I need to buy a new tank? and does it fit on the frame?
    Or is it "impossible" to do what i want?

Very thankfull for replys

[IMG]

P.s - Sorry for my bad english :P
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Why dude ???
    It’s pretty as is...[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Tomtedrift Husqvarna
    B Class

Because i like the 06+ plastics much more :)
    DO you know if a can convert to 06+? :D
  4. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    you definatly need the tank,even 05 plastics are completly different fixing points,even though they look the same(i just brought a set off ebay thinking they were for my 04)im sorry cant help you regarding frame but a quick check on the parts cd/online will sort it out for you,im sure theres a sticky on here with manuels etc,why dont you spend cash on new decal kit,if you look around theres some that cover the grey bits aswell.p.s i agree your bike looks good now.
  5. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    I dont know for sure about your SMS, but the 03-04 4strokes can convert to 05-07 plastics by swapping the gas tank, seat, Tank shrouds, radiator shrouds, side # plates, and rear fender. Your frame looks to be the same if not very similar to a 4 stroke frame, I would venture to guess you can swap straight across.
  6. Tomtedrift Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the answers . But what plastics fit on which model? 06-11?
  7. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The plastics you'll want to try and swap onto your bike, would be the 05-07 plastics. They will bolt straight across to the 03-04 4strokes which look to be the same plastics as your SMS..
  8. Tomtedrift Husqvarna
    B Class

Okey , but the plastics to mine is 2stroke. And i got a mail from a guy that have convertet his sms 125 to 06+ and he said that i needed a tank from 2stroke. So do the 2stroke and 4stroke fit? :P
  9. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If you know someone in the area with a 06-newer, maybe they'd be willing to pull their plastics off to test fit on yours to see if they'll fit..? Oh and post some pics of the underside of your tank and of your grame where the tank goes. Im assuming the guy that that used a 2stroke tank, probably found out a 4stroke tank wont work, But explore that option anyways
  10. Tomtedrift Husqvarna
    B Class

Going to do that now , thanks again :)
  11. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cool. Post up what you find..
  12. reghusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE125
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, RGV250,RMX250,SV650, Husky 50
    you can, but the bolt that holds the tank on, has nowhere to go and the two locating rubber things under the tank have to be removed (you have to chop the metal of the frame). I have done what you are proposing, it can be done! but you can't go back after doing it!
  13. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Are you referring to putting a newer 4stroke tank on his SMS? or a newer 2stroke tank?
  14. reghusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE125
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, RGV250,RMX250,SV650, Husky 50
    i put 08 plastics off a sms125 on my 2001 wre125. some bits don't completly match up (the rad shrouds with the tank shrouds, but it looks ok. i'll try and find some pictures. be aware the newer tank has a LOT less capacity.
  15. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    the 05 will definatly not fit 04 2t without swaping tank,4t maybe different but ive got a set of 05 shrouds(which r 4 sale[IMG])that were listed for 04 and although they look the same the fitting points are well out.theres a tank on ebay now for 05-07,but thats u.k site.good luck and if you do it please put a post up of swap so we can see it.steve
  16. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yes He'll need to swap tanks as well, I missed it in that post, but mentioned it in others :thumbsup:
  17. Tomtedrift Husqvarna
    B Class

Can you send me the link adrees? i cant find it. And i will post a post of the tank but not the assemble. Its -20c outside :(
  18. BXL Husqvarna
    C Class

Would it also work on a 1996 WR 360 frame? I mean it sounds like a lot of work, and I was just wondering if it could be done!
    Will the newer subframe fit right on the mainframe? Is it possible to change the tank supports for the newer tank, or do you have to do alot of welding and cutting? Could I keep the radiators or do they also have to go?

If you have some pictures of your work it would be appreciated, I think alot of owners of an older model thought about doing this!