1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc husqvarna's are amazing!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gazmcfaza, Dec 20, 2013.

1. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    perhaps not in the right place for posting so apologies, but yesterday I took my 05 husky wre 125 out for an off road trip down a track. As I got further down hill the surface became more muddy and after a while my front wheel became wedged in mud. I jumped off the bike to try and shift it, and then realised I was so far in the mud that my boots were completely under the surface. SCARY! I tried desperately to get the bike out but the back wheel span and span without the bike moving. I couldn't shift it by myself so I had to climb out the bog. The mud was at least at the height of the frame, with the front caliper completely under it. I managed to climb out the side of the bog and get out, which was lucky considering the rain then started to pour downwards. I had to abandon the bike from 4pm as I was alone and far from help. Luckily a local farmer agreed to help me if I came back at half 7 this morning, so we went to get the bike, which was still somehow stood up right. With a lot of pulling at the bars and with me falling over a lot we managed to turn the bike around and get it onto the less muddier area. I then choked the engine, kicked it over, and 4th kick, NEEE, NEEEE! I was staggered. The engine was nearly covered in freezing mud for 17 hours, the seat was covered in ice, and it was running just fine. I gave it gas up the path and powered up the hill back towards the farm. I guess I was pretty lucky that the bike didn't fall down on top of me out there. But yes, summary, two stroke husky, fantastic engineering! The photos are taken after I got the bike home and back onto farmland. Perhaps pointless post but thought someone would like to hear about my adventure 201220131387.jpg 201220131388.jpg 201220131392.jpg 201220131391.jpg
    Ruffus, steadydirt, juicypips and 3 others like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    my 165 is my favorite bike ever.
  3. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    It was worth posting....would be better with a pic of the bike stuck in the mud. :)
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I liked it!
    Is 'half seven' 7:30 or 6:30?
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Had a similar experience drowning mine in a creek and after pumping water out of spark plug hole it started straight up
    Love em
  6. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    7:30 sabortooth..

Great tail.. your lucky no bugger stole it too!
    sabortooth likes this.
  7. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Your incessant ranting about that 165... makes me want to buy/build one. If you need a reference when applying for a sherco 175 test bike, let me know. ;)
    Motosportz likes this.
  8. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I meant half seven am, so it was stood from afternoon until early morning. Yeah I was worrying all night about it, all it would have taken is a late night walker to call a friend and she would have been gone!! I've got 18000 miles on it now, dynoed at 28 hp so probably like 25 at the wheel? I will try to add photos later on of it's predicament
  9. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
  10. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    perhaps the pictures are a little deceptive as taken on my phone in a rush, but the mud around the wheels was so soggy, when I tried to dig it out the water just kept running back into the hole I'd just dug. See how far my legs are into it??
  11. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Huskys really are tanks and the best undiscovered secrets out there. I laugh every time I am on thumper talk and read about the wr300's for example are problematic and prone to seizures.
    steadydirt likes this.
  12. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    'Tanks that can fly!