1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Husqvy wr 300 on motocross track

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zamu24, Jul 19, 2013.

1. zamu24 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 300
    hello to everyone :-) ! excuse me if I do not speak English fluently, i come from Italy. I have just bought a husqvy wr 300, any advice or modified to exploit it in motocross track? thanks a lot guys
    I ve just changed anterior forks AND i ve put showa 49mm :-)
    image.jpg
  2. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
  3. Motovet45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    I've got a Lectron carb, Scalvini pipe and silencer, Warp9 wheel sets, Warp9 pegs and a "Black Edition" head on the way from HTM Racing in Italy. I'm putting Racetech Gold Valves in tomorrow but it seems you are a step ahead swapping out to the Showas! I only use mine for Motocross.

image.jpg
    Motosportz, zamu24 and MOTORHEAD like this.
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    With regard to forks, I don't think that Gold Valves are a good idea for motocross (in general), and I don't see why you converted to Showas (unless you went to a new twin chamber Showa, but even then...).

The KYB forks on the newer WRs are decent quality units, and there is no reason they won't work with proper springs and a MX-oriented revalve. They ran the same forks on KX250s in the mid-2000s, and those seemed to do just fine...

Why switch to gold valves, instead of just doing a revalve of the stock stuff?
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My 08 WR250 .. Stock bike as far as I know except for the pipe ... I believe in the Husqvarna badged bikes ...

102_4525.JPG

102_4497.JPG

Ayen_JMP_Crash_DUM.jpg

Holeshot ...
    bacold_Ayen.jpg

And I ride this bike everywhere on this island :0) ....
    DISCLAIMER: My bike but not me riding .. Ayen, my rider, on board ...
    timotee laine, Nordic and Motovet45 like this.
  6. Motovet45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    I've had the forks revalved several times, put correct rate springs in, adjusted oil height several times and never found a good setting. (Could be i don't know what the heck I'm looking for too)That being said I figured I would try some tuners theory that gold valves allow for more oil flow (stock valve ports are fairly small) which in turn allows the dampening to be controlled more with the shim stack.
  7. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    What is your problem with the stock/revalved forks?

I'm doubtful that I will have anything useful to suggest, but I am curious.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There is nothing better for a Wr 300 then a set of Ohlins front and rear $3500 but worth every penny Even if I got a new bike Husaberg/Husky next year I would but Ohlins on it I have already checked with David at Fast Bike Industries and YES he can install the Ohlins on the 2014 husaberg TE 300
    You want the best well there it is
    Tinken likes this.
  9. Motovet45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Not supple enough in the breaking/acceleration bumps and then it would bottom hard on big G outs. I raised the oil height and that helped the bottoming but still trying to get the breaking/acceleration figured out. I race a lot at Glen Helen(REM) and the only smooth part on the track is the start, it is brutal!
  10. Motovet45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    image.jpg image.jpg just a few photos at Racetown 395, bad day since their water truck broke!

Attached Files:

Motosportz and zamu24 like this.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Start getting use to the dust and come race in the desert No gate feee ride all you want before and after for free 80 to 100 miles cost about 60 bucks no water truck needed
  12. Motovet45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    You desert guys are too crazy for me I like to know what's coming all the time.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Really Have you ever done a desert race I hate motorcross yet i still race it from time to time I hate comming off a big jump and not knowing what might be on the down side I have seen many a rider hit from the blind side on the track.But you are correct desert guys are crazy as we will race moto cross,Grand Prix,Enduros, Extream events like Last Man standing and King of the moto We also like to dual sport Yes desert guys are crazy about riding and will ride just about anywhere I guest it take all kinds
    but the thought of just going around in circles allway having the pits and my truck in sight is just one form of racing.If you ever want to try a desert race let me know and my club the 100s will help you john
    454x likes this.
  14. zamu24 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 300

thank you :-) changing pipe and silencer with Scalvini what changes? with the original pipe and silencer, couple on the bike has very low, which I appreciate very much in enduro, but in the field of cross I can not take full advantage of the engine. Changing pipe and silencer what the difference? thanks :-) ale
  15. frankrock363 Husqvarna
    A Class

I find my 300 to be very lazy on an MX track and have tried all sorts of things to correct it, jetting, gearing. I just can't seem to get it to rev fast enough. I'm thinking the CR ignition might be what I'm after with the lighter flywheel and all but have not tried that yet. Don't get me wrong my bike runs good it's not a lack of power thing, it just doesent happen fast enough any input would be great. Not trying to hyjack this tread but thought his question was maybe similar to mine.
  16. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    ^^^ I suppose the 300 is meant to run that way. My 250 is opposite of what you describe. Only mods are higher compression and FMF exhaust.
  17. frankrock363 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thats funny you say that because I was thinking that the 250 might have been the better choice for me. Not because of power just the way it's delivered. Anybody have a 250 cyl,head, and power valves they want to part with. I've been considering trying this.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have both a Wr 250 and a 300 the 300 has the Cr electronics it is all stock except with a FMF pipe and a stock carb off a 2006 Wr 250

The 250 seems to rew quick but does not get the power to the ground like the 300 The now CR 300 revs fine to me and gets the power to the ground
    I see no reason to change anything It will still lug down low and not stall I ride a lot of KOM stuff the tighter the better a long with the Desert racing
    I run 13/48 every where I go Even tho both bikes are stock I do run straight race gas 110 octane mixed 40 to one
  19. Motovet45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    The Scalvini pipe and silencer feels better on top.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My random thoughts on the matter as a 125 woods rider :lol:

- Light flywheel and high comp with race gas is the quick EZ way to snap and power. You loose top but gain launch.
    - The stock pipe is good on the 250/300 but with any 2 stroke you use the pipe to move the power around to what you like. Decide what type of power you want and buy that kind of pipe.
    - The forks on that bike are KYB right? That should not have the base valve flow problem the Zokes had. If they did the gold valves should help especially in the chop and braking bumps. You will obviously need the right valving, springs, oil level and weight but those should be very workable forks.
    - I find it interesting MXA left the shock stock. I would thing the valving needs a good bit of work. I find even for off road a revavled shock always works far better.
    - Figure your budget, your needs and research the solutions and have at it.

Cool to see you guys racing those bikes.