1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Hyde skid plates

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bigriver, Jan 3, 2012.

1. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anybody have any experience with Hyde skid plates. How is the fit? How is the durability?
  2. Great White Husqvarna
    C Class

3. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    They dont fit on 2011 250/300s.

Im sending mine back!

Stu
  4. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the Hyde skid plate/pipe guard combo on my '08 WR250. I didn't like how the thing collected mud and dirt so I cut out the section that held the pipe guard to the skid plate. It's much better now as two units. The pipe guard has some nice "flex" to it and absorbs some big hits from rocks and logs. The skid plate works good on tree crossings and it's tough enough to handle some serious impacts. I like it better than the expensive carbon fiber stuff on my KTM200.
  5. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

They don't fit 2010 wr250/300's either. I had to send mine back also. They aren't even close to fitting. You can put your whole hand between the pipe, and the guard. Also the front tire rubs the pipe guard.
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have one and it fits good. No problem. Works good. The only thing was that the hole for the oilplug didn't line up so i took a circle saw and made a bigger hole.

Johnny
  7. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 on drain plug hole. I did the same thing.
  8. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I ve got one on order for a 11 te 250. I got it thought BRP with the CH discount. I asked them to call HYDE about the fittment and they said it will fit perfect. Guess Ill know soon.

Ive also have on on my 08 te 450 and like it alot. Fits very good and takes a beating. Best thing is no harmonic vibes!
  9. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2011 wr250 and no the skid plate doesnt fit with out modification. Went and bought bolts about a 1/4" longer. I had to cut a hole for the pipe mount on the frame. Now fits for the most part. Called hyde because I lost a bracket and the customer service was good. They sent one out and I had it with in the week. If you are looking for a bolt on part this is not the one. If you dont like aluminum skid plates and can modify parts than it will work.
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Does the 630 one fit?
  11. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

might try and ask about the 630 on the 610/630 page.
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Am a bit suspicious as the 610 is quite different from the 630 and yet they state that it´s the same skid plate.
  13. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    My 11 TE 250 doesn't fit. The side panels press into the water pump and engine case with lots of pressure before the bottom even gets close to the frame. Can these be heated up and reformed like regular plastic without compromising integrity? If so I might do that and then have to re drill holes through the plate to get the back to line up because that doesn't fit either. I really don't want an aluminum one. Then again I kinda hate to do surgery on a new product.
  14. Great White Husqvarna
    C Class

Bottom end on the two is the same. As far as I know.
  15. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I have one on my 09 wr300. It has definitely done its job as my pipe still looks good and so does my frame. I also cut a hole for the oil drain plug-no big deal.
    You do notice the guard since it really covers the pipe-some people don't like it.
    I know I NEED the guard. I seem to run into a lot of things instead of going over them.
    I would definitely buy this guard again. It was money well spent.
  16. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've got the plate only, no pipe guard on my '07 WR250. Same issues w/fitment, had to get longer bolts and used a holesaw to properly locate the drain hole, so a little hassle to install. But........I would never go back to an aluminum plate again. Plastic is quiet, doesn't dent and deform from big hits and is light. I put a Hyde on my Husaberg also, I think I had to use the longer bolt trick on it also, but otherwise sano, and just got the Honda 2 st. model for my CR500AF. I'm a little nervous about that one, because it's supposed to fit both steel and aluminum frames + my frame is actually a 450R model, but I like 'em so much I'm confident I'll get it to work.
  17. a t castle Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    I've been thinking about buying one for my 2012 WR 300. I would want the skid/pipe protector. I understand that there would be some modification needed. I see some of the inmates have done this like bigriver, can any of you guys (or gals) post some shots of the final product? And would you recommend doing this or find an alternative? Thanks in advance
  18. Francisco Vide Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    I have a 2008 wr125 and I got a skid plate but I tried to assemble it and it didn't fit, does any one have a picture of a similar skid plate assembled so I can see if the one I have is the right one?
    thank you
  19. Ben m Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Any ideas where I can get one for an 04 wre 125?
    In southern England that is.