1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc I can't find anything better than my WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by letitsnow, Sep 5, 2010.

1. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    After test riding other bikes, I just haven't found any bikes that are better for harescrambles than my 2000 WR250. I am a little bit faster on the YZ250F, but it just isn't exciting to ride... I don't know if that makes me happy, or makes me want to cry lol.

The bike has been good to me so I am finally sending the suspension to LT-Racing for some work. I have never had bike suspesnion set up for me, and am hoping this is a decent improvement!

I might even treat the motor to a new Wiseco piston... :thumbsup:
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sometimes a certain bike year and model is like an old and dear friend.:thumbsup:
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I loved my '00 WR250, really one of the best years for the WR250 model. You'll be pleasantly amazed at how much better it will be with the suspension set up by someone who knows their stuff. That said... I'm really a small bore guy. Once I had my first WR125, the '00 WR250 just gathered dust.
  4. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Letitsnow,

Just curious, wondering if you could give a in-depth comparison of your WR250 vs the YZF 250.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I hear ya'. I just switched to the TC250 and I'm worried about missing my WR. They are so good. :thumbsup:

But, I found I was a little faster on the 250F, so I had to give it a try. But, I'm almost afraid to get it dirty because I may want to trade it back in on a WR. :confused:

I'm a sick man. :eek:

I think about this crap too much. I just need to ride. :banghead:
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Yes I know what you mean - I must admit I wanted to try an older wr 250 a i liked the feel of my 04 TE 450 - still would as a spare bike if i find a good one .
    Id be worried about valves etc too much on a TC 250
    I also think about this shit too much lately - need more of a challenge at work ...
    you go through stages
  7. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I have a Honda CR125 that is fun too, but I am a big bore guy. :cheers:
  8. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I'm sorry but I didn't really ride them long enough to do an in depth comparison.

In a nutshell - If my harescramble results put food on the table, I would race a 250f because I can race faster on one. The 250f seems like the perfect power/weight/traction for moving quickly through the woods.

"Moving quickly". Think about that for a minute... Is that all that it is about? Not for me - I want it to be exciting also. I want to have to lean forward to keep the bike from flipping over backwards in the open stretches.

I was looking for an excuse to buy another bike. I hate to say it but if I do buy a bike off of the showroom floor, it will be a KTM300 - only because I can have e start in a package that can be made as good as my 10 year old Husky.
  9. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Careful on your decision. I ride with two KTM 300s' once in a while, and each of those times they had magic button issues. (it sounded like there was loud metal on metal noises and no ignition!)

Just concerned, thats all. Tommy:thinking:
    P.S. kick starter worked though!
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Real racers do not need a button Just kick it when you start a race and push the kill button when finish As for suspention just won a expert race with my suspention done by Zip Ty Racing Now i do not know which bike to race at the next National my cr 125 or wr
  11. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ive tried stacks of bikes and i think your right :thumbsup:
    the only bike thats close to a WR250 Husky is probably a TM250 EN:excuseme:
  12. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

You are not alone. I have the sickness also :banghead:
  13. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    E start isn't needed, but sometimes in the TREES, when you kill it on a nasty technical hill climb... If you pick your right foot up off of the ground you will fall back down the hill... And the other guy pushes the button and waves at you when he is taking off... :eek:
  14. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    The 2000 Wr250 is my favorite of all the huskys i have ever ridden it just fit me perfect!In the first 100 yards ui rode it at a GP it felt perfect,next on my listy now is my 2011 bone stock {FMF S/A} WR150,wouldnt change anything on it.billf
  15. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I am liking GG300 too. Although my WR250 will remain my race bike for awhile.
  16. Terry B Husqvarna

Let It Snow B Line suspension is a local guy.He did the suspension on my 08wr 250 and it rocks,plush on the roots and rocks but still takes the whoops.If interestead pm me and I can get you contact info.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I had an 02 that was a GREAT bike. those 2000-2004's were real good bikes.
  18. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    For sure on the new suspension-you will wonder why you did not do it earlier, it makes life much better--Magic--You will have more fun and ride faster longer.
  19. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    I agree with SD... get the suspension done. Just had my front done and it is a huge difference in the woods. Still needs fine tuning.

Steadydirt... you have a pm
  20. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 2000 is a good model with the WIDE RATIO trans.