1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st I didnt expect this orange steering damper to fit...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bought an old KTM riser in good conndition cheap.
    The damper bolt holes are about 1.5mm out either side so I used one hole as normal and custom
    trimmed a new nolethane tripple clamp bush with 3mm offset. I will also refit the Husky factory 1 inch circular riser. The frame clamp and pin will fit
    All I have to do now is sand blast that crappy orange off as we cant have that :D
    [IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats not going to work like that. The damper pivot MUST be centered over the stem. You need to take 1.5mm off both sides and also make sure it is centered front to back. If you don't the pivot point walks around the center of the damper and will cause all sorts of fiction issues with the damper and pin interface.
  3. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

And drano will take off the orange. Unless it's hard anodized. But careful the color comes off real quick and you can discolor the metal.
  4. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Arrr thanks for the advice guys, I was wondering about the 1.5mm offset. Draino? Will give it a go but didnt think that would be strong enough :D
  5. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Google removing anodizing. Drano is the recommend removal.
  6. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool thanks again ;)
  7. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Cool. Please post your solution to the offset issue. I have one of these dampers on the ktm.
  8. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG] Problem solved! [IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Im currently having 4 new bar mount bushes CNC machined at 2mm offset. This will allow for the slightly closer mounting bolts on the ktm dampner. Will post pics once its completed int he coming days... hopefully :D
  10. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bushes made. New offset holes drilled and now she is fitted and works perrrrfect :) The dampner pivot point is about 5mm closer to the tank than the centre of the sterring tube but after taking her for a ride today you wouldnt even know. Works great. I have nothing against Motosportz dampners as I had one on my 510, but being stupid I sold it with the bike arrg! this time my budget didnt stretch that far. I had to modify the bush top slightly and grind off a small lip on top of the steerer clamp. . . ;) [IMG] [IMG]
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW, thats some bar rise [IMG] I would turn whatever he bolt is for around before you smack you knee into it. Been there did that once.
  12. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

:D We spend alot of time standing up while riding in the dunes and being 6'2 anything lower the old back doesnt like it for longer than 2hrs riding ;) The bolt is my aaar hmmm home made GPS mount :D Not as bad as it looks from the riding position (note that the bolt points forward) :) I would like to replace the small round silve Husky spacers with something that has a larger top surface area tho.