I GOT IT! Able to read and Write the eeprom and ECU calibration data on the TR 650

Discussion in 'TR650' started by VFORCEJOHN, Mar 9, 2024.

1. VFORCEJOHN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 Husqvarana TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw g450x
    Finally got the balls up to take the ECU on the bench and get this done. I was always fearful of locking it out and having a lawn ornament.

Been a few years of Shoud I dare or should I not. I said hell with it. 3 hours later. I accessed diagnstic mode 2 and the ecu replied. it was dumping out all its data. Same protocols as reading a ford Airbag module.

It worked. I have the EEprom info and the Infineon tricore Map data. so now, I can get more daring knowing I have a reliable backup.

Im going to finish decompiling all the info. the main sector of the data file is only 512kb, the last 320kb of data sector is all zeros, blank checksum areas and key data are easy to find. the tune sector is very small and fairly basic. laid out very similar to a mid 2000s Bosch. plus not much to convert as the fctoring is mostly Dec x .1 and all in 8/16 bit strings. Nothing compared to todays Ecus with 6500KB and every factor is some goofy caculation.

This should be fairly simple to tune out.

I'll post up some of the maps when I get it all squared away. Looking at what I got done so far. no wonder its lame and stalls on the low end.

I own my own dyno for the past 20 years as well. so I'll spend some quality time educating the engine what I want it to do.

we shall see where this leads us to.

Just figured Id let you fellas know it is possible, and you do not even have to open the ECU case.

Figure, someone had to do this eventually. Now. its been done
    Daniel bam, mysery1 and Dirtdame like this.
  2. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    This is great news. Are you going to outline how to do it with hardware and software?
    As you probably know, the BMW 650 will use pretty much the same setup so might be worth getting it sorted out well.
    Daniel bam likes this.
  3. VFORCEJOHN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 Husqvarana TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw g450x

bmw c600, bmw c650 (hw2), certain Sertao 650s, nuda 900 they all share this similar MBC1 ecu platform. However I do not have access to any of those machines for any testing as I am in the USA.
    I do have most all of those tuning files available and already sorted out Which will make the TR650 I have here extremely easy.

heres a little progress I made yesterday.

Attached Files:

Daniel bam likes this.
  4. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Have you heard of Wolf 3d. engine management? Micro squirt?

Would the same tuning software work in the tr650 tune?
    Daniel bam likes this.
  5. VFORCEJOHN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 Husqvarana TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw g450x
    no. you need hex editor, then define mapping sectors from there. very complex to do. I taught myself how to do this. takes YEARS as there is no instructions and no one willing to help. but when you figure it out. its a whole new world.

I then apply that to free software like Tunerpro by making an XDF file. SOme ecus have over 600 maps on them. this ecu has maybe 100
    Daniel bam likes this.
  6. VFORCEJOHN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 Husqvarana TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    bmw g450x
    example. most info is laid out using hex to Ascii format as shown

youd better be really good if you want to succeed at this sort of programming. very complex scenarios.

Attached Files:

Glengemen and Daniel bam like this.
  7. Glengemen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Raider 1900
    I’m surprised the question hasn’t been asked yet but are you able to turn off the security features? That’s always been my fear with this bike as there is so little resources out there from what I’ve heard.
    Daniel bam likes this.
  8. Daniel bam Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    No