1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I havent put my 150 kit on yet........

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Troy F Collins, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I have more than enough hours on my 09 wr125 and it still feels pretty frisky but I know it will blow up if I leave it too long....still love the 125 peaky delivery its what I am used to.....I'm old school I have to admit....but so is Norm and he likes his 150 :D...fact I think he's going bigger ?

My 150 kits sits in a box till spring...and I confess I am a little apprehensive to put it on...going over square and all that....

whats a person to expect ?? is the over rev taken away ?? more vibration ??

I know the jetting will likely stay the same or possibly leaner
    jmetteer likes this.
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did not find any downside to the 150. The top end basically feels like a 125 but there is more on the bottom and a lot more pull in the midrange. It still screams on top.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep more pull every where and I can't feel an early top end sign off; I have read about it though LOL. As far as more vibs don't notice any more of those either. To me the best part about the 144 is just how slow I can ride the bike in 2nd gear in tight twisty stuff and the huge midrange pull. My butt-o-meter is old now at 52 but this thing flat out hauls the mail!!
  4. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

i rode a 144 wr yesterday.10 days ago it was a 125.it was better in every way as a 144.still screamed to a million rpms!dan
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norms 150 is sweet....the best handling bike I ever rode in the woods. His power is good an linear...not really peaky at all.

I have Norms old '02 which is now an EG 144 and it has SERIOUS bottom...like off idle snap with an okay top. That being said my other cr125 with an FBF 135 is insane mid/top....WAAAAY faster than a stock 125...maybe faster than my WR250. It does 4th gear power wheelies no problem and runs rings around my '10 TE250

You have to pick your poison!
  6. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ossa, Bultaco, Puch, Maico, AJS, Yam
    I've got a 144 now and am having trouble jetting the old style TMX38. It seems you have a later carb so the numbers won't apply, but did you go to a leaner slide? I also went 2 down on the pilot and one up on the main, so far.