1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I need my CR 125 quieter

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dfeckel, Mar 22, 2010.

1. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

My ears are still ringing from the Sandy Lane Enduro yesterday. The little tiddler did great, but it's just too loud. I'm running the stock pipe with an FMF TC2 silencer. Even with fresh packing, it's too loud. I repacked the silencer three rides ago, and I couldn't actually tell any difference with the fresh packing. I need a spark arrestor for ECEA enduros, but the TC2 is the only option I can buy for the 2008 CR125.

Which brings me to this option--making either an FMF Q or Q Stealth fit with a little cutting and welding. Specifically, I would cut the midpipe off my TC2 and weld it onto whichever Q silencer I get. And I'll move the mounting tabs accordingly, too.

The smallest engine application FMF makes the Q Stealth for is the KTM 200--no 125s. The do make the regular Q silencers for KTM 125s. Will the silencer inner diameter be too big if I go with a Q stealth? Should I go with a regular Q that's made for a 125?
  2. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Try looking around for stock WR silencer with the SA there should be someone that has one for sale check Ebay or C/list I don't think you would lose any performance with the change if you find one
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

For some reason Husky bikes are loud. Every KTM I hear with a TCII is much more quiet for some reason.

You could go with a stock WR silencer. I replaced mine with a TCII because the stock one is such a pain to repack.

At real low rpm the stock WR silencer is much more quiet. But once the bike gets on the pipe it is just as loud as the TCII, at least to my ears it is.

You could probably make a Q work with some welding. If you want even less noise for less money you could look into making a KTM hocky stick silencer fit.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Or you could add the DB snorkle :D

[IMG]
  5. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

stick with the stock one as they are really good
  6. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Those KTM hockey sticks are probably the quietest 2t silencers out there. If you're going to do any cutting and welding, that's what I'd use.

Sure is easier to put in a long day of riding on a quiet bike.
    lankydoug likes this.
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    make a turn-down for the tip. old school used to use a curved rad hose section and a hose clamp. youre pretty creative, fab something up and post it up.
  8. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

dB Snorkel? Mmmm...no. I certainly don't object to its existence, but I object to its existence on my bike. :)
    Motosportz and Coffee like this.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Dave,
    I have one... I never used it in a competitive event, but use it on my tiny practice loop at home, to keep the neighbors from complaining. For an '08 CR125, buy the OEM WR125 silencer. It is the simplest solution.

I bought a TC2 for the '09 WR125, but haven't run it yet. I was really wishing that FMF would do it in a Q though.

No OEM option for the '09-'10 125 with the new frame and silencer mount. WR250-300 only have sparky's because they still use old frame and mount using the same style silencer used since '02.
  10. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good info, everyone. I initially rejected the WR silencer option, because I figured they didn't have a spark arrestor, like the new ones. I'm glad to hear they do have arrestors. I'll check 'em out.
    david.bergen likes this.
  11. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

Slight hijack here guys. What does anyone know about a Q or quieter silencer that will fit the WR250 frame?
  12. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I think some of the noise you are hearing is intake noise due to a fairly open air box, at least it seems that way to me.
    GP
    jmetteer and Picklito like this.
  13. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

my 08 cr 125 blew an 85 at a harescramble sound check ....
    Good thing they don't test it while its on the pipe!!
    I'd double check on the wr silencer ... it might not be stamped for usfs, may have the arrestor but they are suppose to be stamped. I'd just go with a db snorkel and get over it. ktm hockey stick would work also or maybe a Q or stealth for another bike rejiggered to fit on the 125.
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I was hoping the Turbine core 2 was quietr than stock.
    Does a wr 250 silencer fit - they look bigger? I was having same issue with stock wr125
    I know Nwrider had a spark arrestor one for sale may moons ago
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    the fmf tc sparky is quieter than the stock doma unit. a lot of the noise on my bike is intake, foam and tape for water crossings helps. that db snorkle is wicked cool and im getting one. ever ride a stealthy bike? man is it cool esp in the secret sauce. :cool:
  16. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I snagged a used FMF Q for an early-aughts KTM from Malcom Smith Motorsports on fleabay for $60 delivered. I seriously considered the WR stocker with SA, but it came up at $224 on Hall's, which is a bit too spendy at the moment.

I agree that the airbox is likely contributing to the noise level, but I've already sealed up the sides, and I don't want to fashion any kind of cover for it--don't want to lose power due to intake constriction.

I'll have to do a bit of cutty-weldy on the Q. I'll post up when it's done.
  17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Has anyone got anywhere with a making the Husky quieter?
    Anyone use the DB snorkel and does it reduce the power much?
    I saw that Shane Watts actually won a GNCC round early this year with one of the DB snorkels on a KTM 200 :applause:- so they can be too bad - except being ugly as and getting in the way
  18. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm sorry to say the Q silencer is still sitting on my shelf, waiting on my lazy butt to get around to taking the bike to my welder. STill running the TC2, but now with an FMF pipe. Still loud.
  19. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I second the WR125 silencer route. Most WR125s blow 88db up here.
  20. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's okay I need to hear you so I can get out of the way when you pass me.

A repack may help.....a lot!