iBeat 2.01 vs 2.1

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Phoenix, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I hear everyone on here talking about iBeat 2.1. I have 2.01...is there any major difference between the versions?
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think there could be a few more error codes with 2.1 than 2.0. But to adjust with ibeat 2.0 and it works with your bike I don't think there is any difference. It looks and acts the same with my '10 TXC 250.
  3. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    To my knowledge there never was 2.01 - the update after version 2 installed with an icon that said 2.01 but it was actually version 2.1.

I haven't got Ibeat installed now we have HST but can you check the version in the software to see which you have?
    The only change between 2 and 2.1 was an update that allowed CO adjustment in 2010 model TEs, there was a software fault that prevented you adjusting richer I think it was in version 2 but that was it.

Dave
  4. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

My understanding that the change between 2 & 2.1 had to do with a communication timing issue on 2010 bikes. There was no user functional difference.
  5. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome. Thanks everyone. :)

HVUK - I'll double-check the version when I get to work today.
  6. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HVUK--

Kind of funny...when you open the software...the splash screen says 2.01. The menu item in the Windows start menu says 2.01. When you go to "Tool Version" in iBeat, it says 2.1. Guess someone forgot to delete a "0."