Ibeat connecting cable?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by panthocrator, Nov 1, 2012.

1. panthocrator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 2008
    Hi,
    I did some Google and I want to make cable to connect bike with pc. As I understood box on the original ibeat cable is only for voltage regulation, actually it is rs232 to ttl converter. I am interested does anybody knows anything on this subject.
    English is not my native language but I think that you understand question.

Thanks to all.
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I purchased my complete cable through Semco. The trick is finding the black box that connects to the connector on the box. I would look through automotive is my guess.
  3. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    I wonder what the communication protocol is? CANBUS maybe. Often its just like RS232 with one read wire, one write wire and a ground. Cam.
  4. panthocrator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 2008
    Hi,

After some more research I think that black box on cable is not just 232 to ttl convertor. Since there is L9637d chip (which is ISO9141 interface) in ECU it is not just TX RX Gnd as I think in first place. This ISO9141 use K line to communicate. In my opinion black box is RS232 to ISO9141. That means that in black box is voltage stabilizer and L9637d, 3 wires that goes from black box to bike is k line, L output comparator and supply voltage. 2 more wires is + and - from bike to power up black box.
    Please if there is somebody who understand this more then I do, give me your opinion.
    Thanks too all :)

P.S.

One more thing if somebody have broken ecu it would be nice to open it and measure with instrument connection between microprocessor and l9637 and pins on ecu connector and l9637
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I believe most members of this site do not have a electronics background, so please do not get frustrated if you do not get more replies.

That said, if you want to communicate from your computer to your bike, in my opinion this is a reasonably cost effective solution:
    http://semcodesigns.com/Products.html

Or, if you are attempting to reverse engineer a cable for sale, keep in mind that Husqvarna bikes ecus & tuning software is changing at a relatively fast rate i.e. if you make something for 2008 through 2010, it may not work for 2011 & 2012, and of course 2013 bikes are just now coming out.