Ibeat for 2011 TE310 question

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Green Mtn Rider, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Would the Ibeat system be all thats needed to tune the efi on the 2011 TE 310? With the ability to adj CO1/CO2/CO3 idle and tps settings would you be close? I would put the bike on a dnyo so I could check the air/fuel ratio at 1/8 , 1/2 , & wot and adj the 3 settings with the Ibeat for a afr about 13.5 for each one. Not looking for the perfection or cost of the PCV with auto tune if not needed.
  2. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

yes i beat will do all your adjustments...............if you are going to put your dike on the dyno i would think of getting a power commander with out auto tune it seems a waist to tune you bike on a dyno and not put a power commander on it while your there
  3. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

I've got the same dilemma. I've got 2 dyno shops locally and none of them have ibeat software. I don't know how much this software will cost but even if it's a third of the price of a PCV the PC is going to be the best option now I think. I really didn't want to spend anymore but after so much time in prepping the bike, this'll be the final cost to get a really sorted tuned motor. I think if you have extremes of altitude or you race then Autotune is good but I do neither. See how I'm twisting my own arm to get that screaming wallet out one last time? [IMG]
  4. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    The Ibeat kit is $260 & the PCV with auto tune is $513. It comes down to how much you like fooling with your bike & how near you are to a dealer with the Ibeat. For the average guy after you get 400 miles on your bike do the power up kit, set your idle & TPS correctly it will run fine. Keep an eye on the water temp sensor which can cause some problems with not starting & low end bog. Ride and enjoy
  5. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Hmmm $260 for ibeat? Is that with the cable? And where? Sorry so many questions.
  6. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

That's good info. So lose the AT and the cost difference is coming down. I've always taken performance bikes I've owned to the dyno. And I'd class the SM as one in it's league. I've lost all the restrictions in the exhausts too and it must be lean, even with TPS set. It idles perfectly now. Better than it did with the cats etc. I just need to know that it is sorted. I'd rather do that than be fiddling trying to guess that I'm running correct AFR, seat of pants stuff. My Husky dealer has ibeat no problem, but no dyno.. [IMG]
  7. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Sorry about the price on the Ibeat kit it is $295 from Semco Designs with cable & software. You will need to use a dnyo with a wide band O2 sensor to get the AFR readings at CO1 1/8 throttle, CO2 1/2 throttle, CO3 WOT. I would try to adj for 13.5 AFR at the three settings. May take a few passes on the dyno to get it correct but once it is set you are good. Example CO1 at 100% AFR reads 14.3 will need to add fuel so change CO1 to 105% to richen,opposite if AFR reads 13.0 wiil need to remove fuel so change CO1 settings to 95%. Just a little trial & error untill you get it correct.The auto tune for the PCV ($305) will do what a dyno does, cost about $225 you tell it what AFR you want like 13.2 for max power or leaner 13.8 for mileage and it will adj accordingly. You can have both maps and with a handlebar switch change between them. Either system you need to set your idle & TPS first. No matter which way you go have never known seat of the pants to get the best settings. One other thing with the Ibeat you can readout the fault codes not so with the PCV which would be ideal. Choices Choices