iBeat, Power-Up and JD Jetting tuner combo

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Aaron8, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 2011 TE310 has a JD Tuner already installed. It is also powered-up (resistor plug in place), no cat, SA in place.

Thanks to a buddy on this board, I have iBeat V2 software for a limited time, and I want to set all CO to 100, per JD tuner suggestion.

Do I plug the O2 sensor back in, set all to 100, then re-power up?

Or do I set all to 100 in powered-up configuration (O2 removed)?
  2. Catang5oh Husqvarna
    A Class

Set them to 100 and roll
  3. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for your response! So, don't bother with putting the O2 sensor back in, right?
  4. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    No need to put O2 sensor back in the pipe, which is nice. Just put them at 100 and go. Also, recalibrate your tps values while you have iBeat. TPS can only be calibrated when the engine is not running. Just turn on the bike's power then go to the TPS icon at top of the iBeat page and you'll probably be able to figure it out from there. It'll show 2 boxes with possibly different voltage values. Just click the button to make them equal and you're done with that part too.
  5. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Ioneater and Catang5oh! I'm glad I asked about this, I was going to do it all wrong! The buddy I borrowed the software and cable from told me I didn't have to put the sensor back in , which went against everything I thought I had read. :doh:

Yes the TPS is the main reason I wanted to do the diagnostic in the first place, thanks. I like how the bike performs everywhere except >right< off idle. I'm hoping the TPS set will help a little there.
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    1st gen EFI did require O2 sensor to adjust anything except TPS. That may be what you were reading. It's a little confusing with all the changes that have taken place since 08 models. Only reason I know is because I went from old EFI to the newer implementation and was following a lot of threads closely regarding the differences. TPS tweak MAY fix your off idle "blat" but for me tweaking the JD is what ultimately fixed my stumble. I'm on a 2010 TXC250 so what worked for me may not apply directly to your issue but hopefully will help. Richer settings on lower RPM settings, to include the simulated accelerator pump, is what worked for me. Easy to adjust and test on the trail. Good luck!