Idaho and Utah riding aeas....need info

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Troy F Collins, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I was going to take off over the border in the next few weeks....what area's are open...single track..and MX...

I have no sparky....can I get away with this....???

where do I get a OHV sticker....?

thanks in advance
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I would think that most of the mountainous singletrack that far north is under too much snow right now, but that's just a guess. We can't usually get into the good stuff in the south-central portion of the state til June so...:excuseme:

And yeah, you might be able to "get away with" no sparky, but Idaho has been burned pretty badly by fires the last couple of years. I know it's probably not high fire season right now, but if you set my favorite riding state on fire I'm gonna have to come up there and kick your Canadian behind! Not to mention you'll get a ticket for not having one.

You can get an OHV sticker at most bike shops and most sporting goods stores...at least the ones that sell hunting stuff...which is almost every single sporting goods store in Idaho:D You can get them via mail, as well. They've arrived in timely fashion every time we've ordered them via mail. We have CA OHV stickers which are good in ID, but every penny of ID's OHV sticker fund goes back into their trail system so we always support it. I even got one for my SV650 after riding the Custer Motorway backcountry route on it when it was 4 days old:thumbsup:

Be sure and post up a ride report:)

WoodsChick
  3. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you.....I've had my fill of fires burning my ride areas recently. I'd even pay for gas from Boise on up, and help do the kicking :)
    Spark arrestors and sound level below 96db is required here. (although I've rarely been checked)
    http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/assets/content/docs/motorbikeregs.pdf

Thank you again..........This year I'm not 100% sure what they are doing for non resident OHV stickers.
    Typically you wouldn't have to buy one for riding less than 30days, but we do appreciate anyone doing so.
    For 2009, they made us get a restricted plate for off-road bikes and required getting plate/sticker from DMV....that may be changing again already.

As for riding areas, we are still pretty much snowed in, but lower desert riding is good and not too dusty yet.......hope you like lots of big whoops.
    One area I like to go and play, when I get time, is Rabbit Ck trailhead just before little town of Murphy (SW of Boise) Out there 4wks ago to test my new LT Racing suspension work.
    http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/id/ohv.Par.76513.File.dat/map.pdf

Another area that can be good for intermediate+ riders is the Danskin Trail system off Blacks Ck, South of Boise. (can be intimidating in areas for some)
    Couldn't find the map I was looking for, but this link shows one of our new crappy travel plan maps w/this area, middle of map........cluster of trails off Willow Ck trail head.
    http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5012142.pdf
    This is another area I'm not 100% sure is open yet, but if not, should be soon.
  4. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Dont show up without a spark arrestor....thats all I need to know..

thanks for all the info