1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Ideas to confirm bent triple clamps?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Seemore53, May 21, 2011.

1. Seemore53 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TC449
    Hi guys,

I have an 04 WR250 that I use as a second bike that I need some help with. I recently noticed what I thought were bent bars and replaced them. This made sense because the guy I bought it from went down on the pavement on the right side. However, when I put the new bars on, it still looked like the right side was bent back more then the left. Looking over the top of the bars, I can see more of the right fork cap then the left. This doesn't seem right because I could get the new bars back into the clamps and fit perfect. I would think you could not get a straight bar back in those same clamps if the right side was bent back. So I started looking around for any clues, but its difficult to measure anywhere to confirm. They only thing I see is the bar mount clamp nut is much closer to the frame stem on the suspect side and I couldn't get a socket on it like the I could the other. This may just be design though. And then, I literally have to beat the forks out on both sides and beat them back up in. They do not go back in by hand and I have all the pinch bolts out and small punches spreading the clamps.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I go to BRP and drop the big money on a clamp set.

Thanks, Loren
  2. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Doesn't sound like your triple clamps are bent, pretty unlikely, they're designed to take a lot of abuse. Possibly if I'm reading right the bar clamp RHS might be bent/twisted? Re the forks, just sounds like you need to grip the front wheel between your legs and pull the bars round to line up the triples with the fork tubes.
  3. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

I second this motion... just remember to slack off all the triple clamp bolts holding the fork tubes so that they can move.

And I would definitely be making sure the bar clamps are all squared up properly and not twisted before looking at the triple clamps. Perhaps some pics of your bike and what's out of place would help us to help you?
  4. Seemore53 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TC449
    Thanks guys and you were right. I jumped way off the deep end and I fixed it all in about 10 minutes. That right side bar clamp was it for the suspected "bend" and the forks were just a clean up and straighten up. The fork clamps were really tight with the bolts removed. Feel like a douche. Everything is good now except I bought new bars and grips so I get to deal with that for my punishment. Thanks again.
  5. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    It is possible to bend the bottom triple clamp, as i did on my 2000.
  6. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

No to douche. No bad questions. Glad you got it sorted and learnt some too [IMG]
  7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have also bent the handlebar clamp bolts that go through the upper triple clamp. It took me a while to figure that one out. Looking at the bolt you couldn't tell but put it up against a straight edge and you could see the bend.