1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Ignition module swapping

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by krieg, Oct 15, 2009.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    This is a general question about swapping ignition modules on 2 strokes. Do you have to adjust timing if you swap ignition map modules? I'm putting an '08 KTM 125 SX CDI module on an '09 KTM 150 SX because I've read it prevents detonation. The KTM snobs on KTM talk won't respond to my question... probably since I've alienated myself trashing the pumpkins in favor of Husky! :lol: I think the TXC 250 hand start video sealed my fate over there! :lol:
  2. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

The ignition module (CDI or ECU) sets the ignition timing/curve, unless there is a separate ignition timing module...not likely.

Sounds like the 09 module retards the ignition timing advance to reduce detonation.

I laughed hard at the hand start video! Loved it.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Thank you sir! That's what I was thinking, but I'm too dumb to actually know for sure. FYI, I'm thinking of releasing a "hot start" video as a follow-up to my first vid. I've actually "hand started" the TXC hot several times just to see. I may fry an egg on the manifold to prove it's "hot" :D.
  4. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

That would be awesome! Don't forget the beer on the seat.
  5. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

since the ignition is the same on 125 and 150 it'll surely work. but the 150 surely has a different ignition curve than the 125, so i don't know if it'll work well.

i would go to an tuner who has the device to programm the ecu and upload the new curve into the old ecu.

r
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Would you happen to have a link to this on ktmtalk. I can predict the reaction but it sounds funny anyway.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    It only lasted a few hours before it got pulled.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It was funny while it lasted.