I'm glad I still carry dykes in my fanny pack!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Norman Foley, May 1, 2011.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My buddy John and I went boondocking today, trails optional. I managed to get tangled up in some fence wire and get it wrapped around both sprocket and rotor side of the rear wheel. A few snips and tugs and all was well. It would have been a real trial to get it out, without my trusty dykes. The woods in this area are full of old fence lines, from when they were pasture and not woods. It's been a few years since my last tangle with wire in the woods and I always get tempted to leave the dykes out of my tool kit, but they will stay. We found some excellent riding to add to the list, so a good day.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Believe it or not we are no longer allowed to refer to the diagonal cutters as dykes anymore its not politically correct. the correct US Gov and Gov contractor name is Side Cutters.

What happens if some obscure group claims themselves as Side Cutters? Side Cutters:people who lean to the left...when flatulating.

PS I always have my Leatherman tool for both plier and dykes duty.....hey wait a minute the lead singer of Judas Priest is a Leatherman..........
  3. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Wire is no joke. I personally witnessed a single strand of concertina wire bring an M1A1 Abrams to a halt after it wrapped about 50 yards of it up in the drive sprocket. Couldn't be cut out with dykes on that one. Torch and a lot of cussing. I was pulling guard and was wondering where our wire was getting pulled before I saw the spark show. (Desert Storm in Southern Iraq)
  4. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

And the words "Fanny Pack" would definitely cause the raising of eyebrows where I came from.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Okay bum bag.... our fanny and your fanny are on opposite sides! People divided by a common language, have to love it!
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    We have freedom of speech here ... freedom of about everything ... A little scary (but great) to be honest with you ...

Lost my wire cutters but I plan on getting another set to cut ziptie ends if nothing else ...
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    "Smoking a fag" always got a chuckle out of me (grow up Kelly)
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Hmm...ok...

A thread about dykes, fags, bums, fannies and leathermen...

I'm glad this place is high class and mature [IMG]
  9. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Of course it is, its the only reason I hang out here[IMG]
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Me, too!

This thread was cracking me up! [IMG]
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Just don't break the handles on the dykes/side cutters you may be forced to butt weld them. (groan)
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm so naive.... I thought this thread would be full of "wire" stories, not double entendres! Pretty funny though and high class for sure!
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    The beauty of this place is that we joke with absolutly no malice or other bad intent. And yea I forgot about the Aussie meaning of fanny, very cute.
  14. pablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Great thread. the title alone would be a real attention grabber in the UK. I had to do a double take[IMG] and I'm not sure I need to know what boondocking is[IMG]
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    "Boondocks" is term meaning out in the middle of nowhere or the back country far from civilization. To go boondocking simply means to go out into the boondocks. "Boonies" is the short term. "We were way out in the boonies", etc.
  16. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

A pair of dykes in a fanny pack. Brilliant [IMG]
  17. pablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks dirt dame[IMG]I'm glad you cleared that up.I was a little concerned[IMG] Great post Norman.
  18. Auslander Husqvarna
    AA Class

I participated in an enduro this past weekend and I had to bushwack around an impossible section, I ended up picking up an 8' piece of barb wire. The barb stuck in a knob then wrapped around both sides of the hub until I came to an abrupt stop. I took me about 20 minutes to unwrap it. During that 20 minutes I thought about this thread, how much I wish I had some dykes and WTF was barb wire doing in the middle of nowhere. When I got to the next check, the check worker said "you can go as fast as you want and you wont burn the next check", hahaha.....real funny.
  19. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    dyke's take up too much room, are too heavy and usually pretty ugly and mostly used by beginners.

if i have to carry one (a dyke, never multiples), i'll delegate that chore to another. and it's only for emergency use.

fanny pack? not in this camp. for obvious reasons.