1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st I'm torn!! Which one to buy??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pinittowinit, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm torn between the wr250 and 300. Here in Hawaii I ride super tight and tech trails. Bar banging tight most of the time. I'm coming off the Ktm 300 and buying a husky. Killer deals on the 250 but will it be enough of a tractor? Help I'm torn. I suppose if I don't like the 250 I can always get the 300 kit later? Can you guys give me your real life pros and cons to each bike. Thanks and aloha
  2. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sick!!! Maybe I should get a 250 and try it out for a bit. That looks like the tight stuff I ride. The neat thing is I can always make it a 300 later. Just a tough choice cause I have never ridden a husqvarna smoker except for a 82 430 I think it was. I went from a 08 Ktm 200 to a 300.
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    One thing to consider is the 250 is a 5-speed and the 300 is a 6-speed.

My husband Eric just bought a new `09 WR250 after riding GasGas 250 and 300 for several years. He really wanted another 300 but went with the 250 instead. He's only ridden it once but he thinks he's going to like it a lot! He had the luxury of riding an `09 250 and an `09 300 back to back and really liked them both.

Good luck with your decision. You'll probably be happy either way :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  5. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 09 250 is a 5 speed? And the 300 is a 6 speed? Humm dosent matter only time I get about 3rd is on fire roads which isn't very often
  6. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

The 250 has lots of bottom as long as the jetting is on. I put a JD kit and a 4.0 slide or you could do the PWK carb
  7. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Will a pwk 36 work? I got a spare from my Ktm
  8. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

both are 5spds i think, the only change is the cylinder.
  9. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think what I'm most scared about is the power delivery. I just hope the wr250 isn't explosive like a rm250.
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 2010 300 is 5-speed! I just jet it right to make it smooth on light throttle and i don´t get tired out of it. i run lean jetting for smooth powerdelivery and a needle that makes it easy to control. Then i don´t get a bludder as i open the throttle, and then an abrupt powerhit. You could also change the throttlecam for a more progressive powerdelivery. I would go for the 300 of course as i have one! It depends on your physique too;)! I love my 300 compared to the KTM 300, because my bike is smoother off throttle!

Johnny:sweden:
  11. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Killing me!! Haha as far as my physique.. I'm 5'10 165 and fit
  12. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

300! i have no problem with it being too powerful in the tight woods. i also use my bike on the icetracks now in the winter and for motard in the summer, so i like the power for that too! I am 5`7 and 193 pounds and fit too despite my high age at 45=).
  13. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    i dont see how the 300 tires you out. I find it very easy to ride, can only tire you out as much as you twist the throttle :P
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Have you sat on one - I am 6 ft and they both look big to me -especially the rear tyre - I like my wee 125
    did you prefer the 300 to the 200 if yes then maybe the wr 300 is more for you
    Id get the wr150
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I bought the 09 wr250. I figured if I ever wand more, when it's time for a top end rebuild, I'll make it a 300. I'm 6'6" and weigh 205lbs and the 250 is plenty for me now. After I ride it it takes days to stop smiling.
  16. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    my '09 300 is a 5 speed.

I'm 52 and this thing is like a laz-e-boy in the woods, I'm twice as fast and half as tired as I was riding the KDX 200.

Considering the 250 and 300 both weigh the same I wouldn't see there being a lot of difference
  17. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I never rode a 300, but I love my 09 WR250 and I also have an 07 KTM 250XCW that I like too. In my opinion the husky handles better and overall has a little more power than the XCW (and it has the SX head). I think the KTM has a little more right off the bottom 'cause of the SX head, but fine tuning the jetting has them really close there. I'm 6'3", 195 lbs, B enduro rider and I mostly ride trails (the tighter and uglier the better). I can't see myself ever needing a 300. I seem to be able to scare myself plenty with the 250.
  18. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I decided this morning. I really wanted a 300 so..,,, our good friends at motorcycle factory had glenn kearney's 09 wr300 for sale. I'll post up pics later. Not mine yet but putting a deposit until my insurance money comes in and I figure out shipping logistics.

I would like to thank paul at tri county Powersports for his effort. Very helpful
  19. kumz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweet!
  20. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Brandon can you post the pics?