IMPORTANT April 6 Clear Creek meeting

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    To far for me but if anyone can make it please do.

Dear Kelly,

The letter you sent using the Save The Trails letter generator urging the BLM to reopen Clear Creek Management Area has made a difference.

A very important day has finally come. Your Presence is Requested Tommorrow.

The San Benito County Board of Supervisors will be meeting this Tuesday April 6, 2010 at 1:30pm to vote on reopening all 25 miles of county roads in the Clear Creek Management Area. We are requesting that as many people as possible show up and support the reopening of these PUBLIC ROADS, and the County Supervisors and County Council in their quest to better serve the citizens of San Benito County and the surrounding areas.

This would be the first giant step in having one of the top ten riding areas in the nation reopened for public use since it was closed two years ago by the BLM’s Rick Copper of the Hollister Field Office. Please make the time show up to this meeting to show our local government that as Americans we are willing to stand up and fight for what we believe is right.

If you can attend this important meeting please email Mike Wubbels at info@foccma.org from Friends of Clear Creek Management Area, so he will have an idea of how many folks will be there to support reopening Clear Creek.

WHEN
    Tuesday April 6 1:30pm

WHERE
    County Administration Building – Board of Supervisors Chambers, 481 Fourth Street, Hollister, California

More information about the meeting is provided below.

~Thanks your friends at Save The Trails
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I just got word a few minutes ago that the vote went our way! :applause:

The roads should be open as soon as they can get some signs in place...in about 2 weeks :)

This is just my opinion, but San Benito County went out on a limb for us and we need to be respectful and mindful that this does NOT mean we can ride trails at Clear Creek. We're a long way from that scenario coming true...although we are trying...but it does mean that the general public now has access to county roads that run through our public lands!

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear this. I think this is a very important first step in getting our access back to all of our public lands within the Clear Creek Management Area.

Woo-hoo! Score one for the little guys! :cheers:

WoodsChick
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Am I correct that the closure is due to the serpentine rocks bad juju? Then dang, this is like a double edge sword. They should open the area back up and make sure it stays signed with disclaimers like tobacco/alcohol, etc. have. Enter at own risk basically. :naughty: