1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc IMS installed on 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by NWRider, Aug 25, 2010.

1. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here is the IMS tank on a 09 125/150.

There is a crossover hose with a slick quick release so the fuel empties from both sides evenly. Nice! Although this tank also has to work for a four stroke the fuel is still carried fairly low.

Installation wasn’t too bad. The rubber bumpers on the bottom need different bolts then what was provided. The petcock hole was also too small and had to be drilled out. Not a big deal.
    It fit on the bike really easily. The right shroud fits perfectly. The left one has to be forced into place and it seems like the made the left side a bit wide. The big problem I have now is that I cannot get my seat on all the way. The back of the tank seems to be a little high. I think I might be able to trim down the rubber bumpers and make it work.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I am not sure why the petcock has to mount at a weird angle. Maybe it makes sense on a four stroke. On my bike if I flip it around the other way the gas hose is going to touch the cylinder head.

[IMG]
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

looks great! man i wish i had one of those bike now!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got mine in Black yesterday. will take some pix, looks very nice this time, great job.

Mark - For some reason your pix load and then unload and show three broken links and two clickable links, weird.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That does look nice. Great use of real estate on their part.

Wish they make an updated tank for the 250/300 like that!
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did it come with the crossover tube?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes it does
  7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe they sent the wrong petcock? Looks like a side discharge (rotated 90 degrees) or straight down would work better there.
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Now that's a smart looking tank.:thumbsup:
    I like how it carries the fuel low.
  9. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

It did not come with a petcock. I used the one off my stock tank. Maybe I will look for a different one eventually.
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Uses stock petcock. Mine I have flipped and routed hose slight different. I wanted to be able to see "off", "res", and "on". (Like any of us old farts who own one of these can remember!)
    And as mentioned , The rubber bumpers on the bottom need different bolts then what was provided. The petcock hole was also too small and had to be drilled out. Not a big deal. Petcock hole in tank is probably OK for some who got the early "screw cap" petcock. Seat is tough at first but with some oomphing between the seat back and rear subframe loop, you can get it foward to close the dzus fastener. Breaks in/seats in better with time. Would not trim anything just yet.
    Just what I experienced and my 1 cent (hey...the economy is so bad I can't afford the whole 2 cents!)
    Joe
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Great looking tank and bike.

Joe,

I have a petcock on both sides of mine and can never remember which one is on or off and which on has the reserve out and which one in. Damn CRS is getting worse every day.

Walt
  12. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    NWRider. I,m sorry, what size is the tank?? 3.2gal or..... By the way, it looks SWEET!
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just shy of 3 gallons i think.
  14. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

drooling......
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Black tank fits great. Made for the screw type petcock, no drilling. No need to mod the bumpers ether. Fits almost better than stock. Awesome job IMS / Halls :thumbsup: Does not feel wide at all, cap works better than stock, has the front screw for the shrouds my stock one was missing, has a quick disconnect crossover tube. This is how it should have come. Works fine with the damper and guards. Seat is a little tight.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'll get some better pix during the day.

K
  16. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

That petcock looks like it works a lot better. Although I have an 09 also mine is different. No big deal though. I agree the tank fits on and off the bike really well. And the gas cap is nice!

I got my seat on tonight. I had to use a large screwdriver to turn the fastener but I think once it has been ridded it will loosen. If not I have determined that it is the three mounting points of the front of the seat that keep it from going forward far enough. I can trim them a bit if it does not get easier. I imagine it will fit a bit different on different bikes as I am not sure how perfect the production tollerances are on motorcycles. For example everyone says there air boot does not hit with a PWK but mine sure does. It hit with the Mikuni also. Maybe my subframe is a little off?
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think it has more to do with the tank. Roto molds are up to 15% off.

Some day time pix...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'm really liking the way this tank fits and is out of the way. Good stuff for sure.
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am loving the cap. Really! (No...not like that either!)
    I mean the stocker, if not sitting below the 3rd little retainer, does not seal and you have to play with it all the time to make sure the gasket rubber is fine and seated. Not with the replacement IMS cap. on off on done!
  19. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know it's common for the shroud/tank screws to not come out-any suggestions on getting them out if the nuts are turning?
  20. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i spin them up with a cordless drill with a 1/4 adapter and socket till the melt their way out. then take a pair of pliers and a wrench and break the nut loose. once you have the bolt all the way out take the nut and some plasti-weld and dab some plasti-weld around the nut and put it back in the hole.

to get the nut in there take a bolt that you know wont get stuck in the threads and use that bolt to place the nut in there and also to make sure you dont get any plasti-weld on the threads of the nut.

if your nut is to rusty or the threads are in to bad of shape you can get another nut with the same threads from a hardware store and fdo the same thing.