1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc IMS tank fitment. 09' cr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Dec 30, 2011.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I cant get this tank far enough forward to secure the fastener. I tried elongating the u shaped attachment point and grinding down the 2 raised sections on the seat pan (as this feels like where the bind is), but its still an inch short of comfortably attaching. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    IMS. Irrefutably the most Miserable piece of Shit I ever wasted money on. NEVER again. It took me two days of grinding, sawing, beating, and re-shaping with a heat gun just to get it "somewhat close" to fitting. Mine is available for FREE to anyone stupid enough to pay shipping.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine is tight but if you are a full inch short something is wrong. Before you grind away I would remove the round metal thing in the middle of the tank that the seat slide on. That way you know if it is the problem or not. Loosen the tank mount bolt and make sure it is sitting properly and the plastic is not holding it in place. On my seat I have to kind of bend or pry a little to get the quick realease fastener in the hold them user a large screwdriver to tighten it.

I thought they had fixed the fit on the newer ones but maybe not?
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Krieg,
    you most certainly are correct. What an Immense Mountain of Shit that tank is.
    I've had an IMS for 5+ years on a yamaha and its been great, but IMS obviously considers its Husky customers as afterthoughts. The tank for the WR250/300 is a pile too.

Mark,
    I took the screw out and that's not it. The seat pan itself (not the support ribs or attachment points) is hitting the tank and will not allow it far enough forward to latch.
    They fixed them!?!? I think I'll call them next week and see what they say about that.

Unfortunately, Clarke doesn't have any interest in making these. I emailed them months ago asking about it and even offered my bike as a test mule, but no response from them.
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bill worked with Clarke and they were close but never finished it. I had to carve up my seat pan to get it to fit my 144. IMS is my last choice but when there is no other choice..... Their KX 85 tank also is crap.
  6. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    Damn, that's a bummer you're having so much trouble, Brandon. the tank was bought brand new from Halls at the beginning of the season so I would guess it's a fairly recent design (?)

It was snug on my WR but no where near an inch off, could latch the seat by hand. I'll snap a few pics of my pan in case it helps.

Hope you get it sorted.
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Mine fits great!!! hahaha, but you already knew that.... I would pm shane or jake... He was telling me of the troubles he went thru with the heat gun to get it to fit... Sounds like you need to buy a 6-er of beer, and I'll come help you get that thing re-shaped...
  8. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    No worries man. It could actually be Husky's quality control that's suspect.
    I need to try Blake's seat and see how that one fits.