1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc IMS tank fitting for a 2009 WR 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HUSKYNJ, Jul 28, 2010.

1. HUSKYNJ Husqvarna
    B Class

I am about to order a bigger sized gas tank for my 2009 WR 250. The choices are torn between the natural tanks of the:

112412 2004 3.0g(TE/TC)
    112415 05-07 3.4g(WR/TE/TC)

I saw the 07 and down TE tanks will fit onto my bike no problem. I race hare scrambles and enduros so possibly looking at the 3.0g tank more for a lightweight type feel compared to the 3.4g tank. Would either of these models fit onto my bike from justgastanks.com or no?

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/i...ducts_id=303:8dd7579bac3fc1f7a29ebd2147bad279
  2. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I just bought the 3.4 (112415) for my '09 300 from that same vendor. Got it just last Friday and rode Saturday. I read some posts saying it was hard to get on, but I found it fit easier than my stocker. You can kinda see some pics of it here.
    Don't know about the 3.0 though.
  3. HUSKYNJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the heads up! I would get the 3.4g if the 3.0 doesn't fit, but really prefer that 3.0 because of cross-training with motocross and everything (don't really want to switch tanks all of the time). I want the bike to be as light as possible as well. How does the handling feel compared to the stock tank? Does it feel much more bulky?
  4. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    I haven't noticed much of a difference in toting around the additional .9 gallons (5-6 pounds?). I've only been out on a couple rides. It's so rocky out here though that it's sometimes hard to notice nuance.
  5. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks mate, i just ordered a 3.4 tank :thumbsup:
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I have a 3 gal unit that I tried on my WR, but it is extremely large and more designed to fit the older four strokes. The inside of my thighs were black and blue after one race.

I took it off and put a dry brake on the stock tank for racing.

The World enduro Husky guys use a carbon fiber unit that is smaller than stock and actually made for the older framed TC motocross bikes.

Just a little FYI before you plunk down the cash for one.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The 3.4 g one may be better designed - lower down and higher - less width ? I guess these would also fit 08 125 .
  8. HUSKYNJ Husqvarna
    B Class

A lot of good information here. The 3.4g might be a little too bit but we run a lot of sand races and after an hour plus 30 minutes I will usually need a splash of gas to finish from holding the gas on. I might just end up keeping the stocker and fixing those brass screws that hold the shrouds on (they seem to have stuck and seized in there).
  9. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    The 3.0 gal unit will not fit your bike, 04 4T's only. I had the 3.4g IMS on my 07 125, and it was fairly wide, liveable but just enough to make it harder to get up on the tank. I only used it for long no gas station trail rides, the stock 2.5 was enough for racing HS/enduro.
  10. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

it seems there is a 3 week back order on the 3.4 IMS :doh:
  11. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    I ordered mine from justgastanks dot com on 14-July and it shipped 5 days later
  12. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats where i ordered from too. you must have cleaned the out :cheers:
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    where s that money mine you seem to have found in Victoria?
  14. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

what are you talking about :excuseme: