1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

IMS Tank Woes

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HuskyD, Sep 29, 2008.

1. HuskyD Husqvarna
    B Class

Well Sharpie sounded the warning some time ago, but I thought it wouldn't affect me. Well, I was wrong! Saturday at a private riding area 2 1/2 hours away from home my IMS tank started to leak. A seam along the bottom side of the tank has a hair line crack and was dripping on the pipe. Had to cut the riding short and made it back to the truck for the drive home without catching on fire.

I will be ordering a Clarke tank this week and I was wondering if anyone has tried to add the tank shrouds to a 2005 tank, like HuskyDude did with the 08s? http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381

Now I can add the 610 fan kit too!
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Mine started leaking the day after its first ride with the new tank. Was a slow leak that ran down the radiator shroud and stunk up the garage. Hall's immediately sent a replacement and when I took it out of the bag and inspected it, I found 2 of the brass inserts at the fuel pump mounting point were not round and wouldn't accept the screws. Number 3 is on its way so hoping that is my lucky number. At least you have the option of another manufacturer for aftermarket tanks with your year model. Jeff at Hall's has been very easy to deal with and is puzzled at my luck, lol. I thought the Clarke tanks had inserts to let you mount your stock shrouds? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong bike as I've no personal experience with their products. Good luck.
  3. HuskyD Husqvarna
    B Class

Yes, Halls is a great dealer and I bought my tank from them 2 1/2 years ago.
  4. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is no inserts on the clarke to accept the shrouds.

I have never seen anyone attempt to glue the shrouds before Huskydude did on his 08.