1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc IMS Tank WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Bench Racer 117, May 17, 2011.

1. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    What's the deal with this gap? It's a 3.4gal IMS. 07 WR250. I've tried adjusting it twice. I hits the stops for the tank. Lines up fine. Bolts on. But I've never seen a tank do this on any other bike. It's a 2" gap.

[IMG]

You would think IMS would use that space for fuel capasity. The stocker does. It does sit off the frame but lowers its self down to fill it in the space. Not to stoked on their design.
    I'm glad I got a deal on it. Otherwise, it would go back.
  2. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Curious if that is a "normal" fit. If it is you just saved me $250! I hope someone chimes in on this......[IMG]
  3. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

that is how mine and every other one i've seen fits. if you look on the right side where you fill the radiator you'll notice that if the tank filled the space you wouldn't be able to access the fill cap without removing the tank. the way i accepted it was by acknowledging that i couldn't see the gap while riding it so i decided it was no big deal. it's actually a good spot to stash a tow strap and space blanket.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Can you post a few other pics? LIke a side and rear shot from a little farther back. Also a shot of the rad cap mentioned above.
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

The reason for this, I think, is that it also fits the 4-stroke models up to 2007. The '04-'07 4-strokes have a higher backbone than the 2-strokes, but everything else lines up the same. This is the way the IMS fits on my '08 125.
  6. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    This is the only other picture I have right now of the tank. It looks fine from everywhere but the front. I won't be able to get any more for a few days.
    Don't mind the grey strip. It's a glitch in the camera or something.
    [IMG]
  7. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Thats your secret slot for tools. I have it too
  8. frankrock363 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have the same tank. I made tabs for the radiator mounts that lowered them 1". I also made two tabs for the front tank mount and welded them to the frame drilled and taped them so the rubber hangers screw into them lowering the front of the tank 1". One cool thing is I swap the stock tank back on sometimes and works fine. There is that big gap with the stock tank as well you just don't notice it so much. If I get time in the next couple of days I will post some picks.
  9. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    Sweet. I had tried lowering the tank, but hit the radiators. I thought about lowering them too but wasn't sure about the tank mounts. They are removeable so maybe I could build something off them with help from your picture. That would be awesome.
    I did see the gap with the stocker. But they did the right thing and at least brought it back down to hide it.
    Any weird fitment with the seat?
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    BINGO! [IMG]