Initial Brake Fluid Change

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    My brake fluid went from clean to dirty in no time flat. I mean there were very few miles and very few hours on the bike and it was pretty dark. I've noticed the same thing on other bikes shown in photos here. A couple of weeks ago I flushed both front and back and am back to clean again. I'm wondering if the system from the factory was just dirty or what? 'Never had fluid change color that fast on any other of my bikes. I'm keeping close tabs on it now to see how it goes.
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I flush my brake fluid every 6 months and the first time I flushed it on my new bikes it was quite dark but after that it was fairly clean. My thinking is that the seals in a new brake system " wear in" and the particles discolor the fluid. My husaberg's fluid was much darker than my husky's but they are both clean now:cheers:
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    If your rear fluid resevoir/container is near the exhaust, heat can exacerbate degredation.
  4. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I've noticed the same thing, all bikes. Seems like rears though, not front. Already changed out the tiger's too.

Ate (euro brand) Dot 4 at autohausaz.com for about $12 for a quart. Your cars are supposed to be done every two years. If it has abs that unit needs to by cycled to flush it. A proper tech does that with a computer.