Innovate Motorsports LC-1 and ibeat tuning

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Tech 3, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510

I thought this thread might help others set up there 510SMR
    My goal is to thke you through the process while I'm fine tuning
    my bike with the ibeat and LC-1
    I ordered the ibeat from Scott at Semco very nice people and I should have
    it Wednesday to start tuning, Hope this will be of some help
    Phoenix likes this.
  2. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    i am subscribed! just installed my lc 1 a few days ago.
  3. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    How do you like it,
    we should all find out some great info for the old
    Mikuni EFI, Do you use the ibeat?
    This will be Fun
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

she is a little lean. I have same setup but not with digital. I graph it out under load while riding and then make I beat changes accordingly. They are laen off bottom and mid but not bad on top from the factory probably due to getting them to pass EPA. richen up CO1 and a little on CO2 and I was fine. Same method but no cool little gauge. I am not on a supermoto so it would get brokew in the woods. After I adjust, I replace bung with plug and sensor out. Only goes in to test AFR.
  5. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I had an LC-1 on my'08 along with a PCIII and a cheap DVM on the handlebars. I was able to dial in the fueling pretty well with it for steady-state conditions and good enough elsewhere. Way, way better than a butt dyno. Very time consuming! Now I have a PCV/AT. It also does well but is a pain tooand I still don't fully trust it. My plan is to put the LC-1 back on to see how close the AT really got it.

I now have ibeat but '08s have only one fueling adjustment so it's of little use. Even on later years there is now way ibeat could get as dialed-in as a PC.
  6. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Joe Chod and jik_250 Thanks for the feedback
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
  7. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Can't wait to see how this evolves. Should be some real good general info for us Mikuni slaves:D
  8. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    First report:
    Received the ibeat yesterday (Scott at Semco U DA MAN)
    The first thing I noticed was the tps was off at 100.7
    All my co's were at 100
    To get the tps at 100.2 I had to do the mat tweak with the hard stop adjustment
    Thanks for that one Matt
    What i did notice is after resetting the tps my idle A/F ratio was no longer lean, it was in the 14 to 15.5
    range now it is in the 13.0 range and starts a lot easier
    today I will work with the co settings to see what can be done.
  9. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    oh yeah it real nice to see my bikes AFR bounce everywhere! Even more awesome that there is no dealer within 800 miles that can tune it! Then here is the best part of all! The IBEAT software is insanely over priced! for the couple of values you can adjust. hope you get it ironed out
  10. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    B_M_F I bought the ibeat more for the ability to be able to set my TPS values
    they were off, when i hooked it up it read 100.7% at wot i re set it to 100.2%
    I saw a improvement right off the bat
    my co settings are at co1 100.5 , co2 102 , co3 100
    The bike runs great no flame outs no off throttle bog, on burbling sound
    at 3500 to 4500 in third or forth gear like before
    I also like the ability to see and reset trouble codes and hours on the engine
    you can also data log and go back and read multiple functions
    all bikes are different but mine has the power up kit and I modified the stock exhaust
    and was able to tune it in great,the air fuel runes anywhere from 12.6 to 13.4
    and the bike starts up better and runs great I am going to test some other
    A/F ratios and see whats up with them. as far as tuning i would not take mine to a dealer
    for that if they were located across the street and they had free coffee and donuts
    If you need any help with tuning let me know will be glad to help.
  11. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    i still dont know how he sleeps at night charging that much for i beat
  12. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    The soft ware and the cable for a KTM is $500.00
  13. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    Yeah but there are KTM dealers on every corner, Only a dealer/tuner/gear head would buy it. the everyday rider will upgrade parts and have the dealer do it it one time for a small fee. Thats all im saying...
    Thats why i im not giving him my hard earned money. my bike runs decent enough to start on command and honestly its not a 300+ plus dollar issue Waiting on an e mail back from VORTEX in AUS since the us dist doesn't have any info for the EFI huskies and the VORTEX ECU. That runs about $700.00 and has 10 maps loaded that you can switch on the fly. Also you can have them tweak your maps for you through e mail. If your butt dyno or afr meter are not reading to your satisfaction lol. Since France and AUS are the main places husky races i did some research on this ecu yes it is a complete new ECU not some piggy back gargabage..
  14. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    B_M_F That ECU seems like it is the ticket for you
    let me know how that works out.
    I understand what you are saying about the tuner/gear head thing ,thats me
    I have hooked mine up everyday since I've had it if for nothing else than
    just to look at the different screens and drink coffee.
    What i am finding out is, it seems like the EFI on the husky in power up mode
    acts just like a carb it is not a set and forget it thing, I think you have to have a auto tune
    to get that. I have noticed that when you get the EFI dialed in and your co settings
    where you want and your air fuel mixture reading say at 13.4 at 3000 rpm's in third gear
    and the next day the temp and humidity jump up 15 degrees you go lean now your air fuel
    mixture reads hi 11's to mid 12's so much for a set it and forget it, it behaves just like a carb in regards to temp changes. at least i am not pull-en a FCR every day and changing needles and jets,it is nice from a tuner/gear head's perspective to just hook up the cable and click a mouse.
    A ECU with ten maps sounds nice (MAY the Force Be with you)
  15. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Regarding FB :
    Interesting i went in and put the stock O2 sensor back in to check
    the FB settings and mine were at fb1 109.5 fb2 103 fb3 103
    i was under the impression that they should be at 100 for all three
    when the dealer installed the power up kit they were supposed to
    re map the ECU but when i first checked the co readings they were
    all at 100 seems back wards. Well before it gets too hot i will go for a test run and see
    what the A/F ratio has to say any in site would be helpful since there is no factory
    data out there Thanks
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I have an 08 TE250, now a 300 withe Athena. My dealer, George, somehow manages to cajol the iBeat to access FB1, 2, and 3. My numbers are IIRC 127, 116, and 122, which makes sense as the bike is 20 % more CC's He was able to do this in the beginning as he put a 300 kit on a brand new 08 Te250 when they first came out.

There is new software available at the dealer now so there may be something for the original FI
  17. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Ride Report:
    first of all thankx glangston for the info the more pieces to the puzzle the better

took the bike out for a test ride osat 83 degrees,
    after resetting the fb settings all to 100 then taking out the 02 sensor and putting the
    power up plug back in and still using my co settings from yesterday this what i noticed,
    first of all my air fuel gage is very stable, not like before mine like B_M_F's air fuel ratio
    was all over the place also now it is very steady at idle it is at 13.2 and mid range all
    the way to WOT it's at 12.5 WOW scary fast much more torque, and i weigh 240
    bike runs the best it has to date. ( on a side note) I have a friend who owns Extreme
    Performance Cycles and he has told me before that the race motors like the fuel and go ahead
    and richen it up and see what gives, seems like old crag might have been on to something
    cause at 12.5 AFR it is rip pen, i will do a test run later when the temp gets up around 100
    and see if the AFR leans out.
  18. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    The husky motors love fuel. After you get use-to the 12.5 try 12 and 11.5 afr. The more you feed the motor the more it rips.
  19. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Thank you i am starting to see this
    cant wait.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    To a certain point then they start to sputter, but I assume most people know that.

Regardless, the richer they are, the less mpg.