Inside Husky HQ

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Torrmentor, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

robertaccio likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    At the dealer meeting the rumor is ALL new 2stokes in 2013 with drastic changes.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 and wallybean like this.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Like I mentioned, Kris and I had a little chat about two strokes, but it was off the record. I can assure that they are keeping a watch on that market, though. The models they may be able to create would be awesome!
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

To hell with what the market is doing, create the bikes and create the market! I can gaurantee that they will sell 3 in just my little corner of nowhere.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It's a little more complicated than that. C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) weighs in quite a bit with the future of the bikes.
  7. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

i'll take that milspec auto
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

We are talking about 2T's that are all red sticker anyway right? If it is a question of trying to get a DI 2T green stickered then that is a different question completely. Still bring the bikes out in competition form and work out the CARB crap later.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Fortunately NY is not CARB compliant for motorcycles, as it is for cars and trucks. '12 TXC250 and TXC310 are not "Green Sticker". There are lots of customers in the other 49 States to buy "Red Sticker" 2 strokes.
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

whats that, 6speeds and easy buttons in 2013?? sounds good to me lol
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The features I'd like to see would be:
    an electric start
    a hydraulic clutch
    a clean burning fuel injection system that could get the machine pavement designation.:rolleyes:
    ray_ray and wallybean like this.
  12. sverige Husqvarna

Yes, direct injection is the way of the future for all two strokes. Interesting that an Indian scooter company that is already producing direct fuel injection in their two stroke scooters and has bought a 40% share in KTM. It's rumoured that KTM has a direct injection two stroke with some very clever technology in the crank case ready to produce once the emission laws get sorted out.
    I have eight two stroke Huskys and one four stroke Husky in the shed, but I won't be buying another Husky two stroke until they get direct injection.

cheers
  13. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Why cant they inject the oil? like snowmobiles? I cant stand the mixing gas for whatever reason. If they injected fuel and had a small oil reservoir Id consider. Is that nuts?
  14. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I want the pro circuit pipe and silencer for my 2010 CR 125. Calling PC today.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

and the sale of bikes in the other 49 mean what?
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't know what kind of results that marketing research turns up in terms of regional demographics and who it is where buys what, but companies like to develop products that they can sell everywhere to a broad market.. In the county where I live, Husqvarna dealers won't even put a two stroke on the floor. There is no market for them down here. If I wanted to buy a two stroke model, I would have to make a down payment to have one ordered. If a company were to be developing new clean technology for two stroke engines that could encompass a wide variety of models, it would weigh in quite a bit to increase the sales of trail, competition and street legal models across the board as well as across the nation.