installed txc ecu

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by josh310, Jul 19, 2012.

1. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    Just installed the txc ecu in te310. Do these things come ready to run or does it need set up.
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    you have to hook up to Ibeat and set the TPS- otherwise the ECU's TPS setting's won't match.
  3. Spook Husqvarna
    B Class

Yep, this is correct.

You can kick it over and get it going, even take it for a quick test ride but the throttle position will be way out and it will require a constant 1/8 to 1/4 throttle to stop the bike from cutting out/stalling etc.
  4. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    What year bike?
  5. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
  6. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    my dealer said it will be fine but i still haven't got to ride it
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Chances are it will be rideable. Might not show off the ECU as an improvement till you get the TPS set.
  8. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Did they sell you new TXC ECU because it was "fine" with the TE ECU?- maybe if the the TE ECU was dialed in by the dealer it would be "Great" and with the TXC ECU dialed in it would be "awesome". I can see a dealer saying the CO settings 'should be fine" but NOt the TPS setting when going to a TXC ECU. There's a chance but very slim one (less than 5%) that the closed throttle voltage will be close enough to match and not cause too many issues. But you'll never know and you most likely will not be happy or as happy as you could be.

I am disappointed that your dealer is telling you that- it makes me think your bike was never set up correctly (since your dealer does not understand what is happening now) and you just spent some cash to improve things because you read about it here or was told by your dealer to invest in the new ecu. It litterally takes 2 minutes or less to check/make this adjustment and should be no charge with the upgraded part if you ask me.

Keytimemotorsports in Warren WI, was offering instalation of the injector and ecu at no additional cost on these bikes (just part costs $)- including Ibeat adjustment. THat was a promotion but THAT's also damb good service.
  9. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    ya the dealer here in boise idaho seems to be slowly getting out of husky and there support on these bikes suck. I haven't invested in ibeat yet but i am getting tired of throwing money at this thing to get it to run good. I did talk with power commander and they said that i had a older version firmware in the unit and the new firmware will work a lot better in conjunction with the auto tune module. I hope that with the txc ecu and power commander with auto tune will finally satisfy me but i broke my foot last week end and i am not going to be able to ride this thing for a month or so.
  10. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    Or should I ditch the power commander?
  11. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
  12. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    i got i beat tonight. My ecu tps was set at 1000mv and my tps sensor was reading 950mv. So i calibrated it. I will see if that makes a difference i don't know if that is off enough to matter.
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    If that much TPS voltage difference doesn't make a difference i'd be surprised

Initial TPS setting is critical because the voltage signal the computer receives tells it the exact position of the throttle. Initial adjustment must be set as close as possible to factory specs. Most specs are given to the nearest hundredth of a volt.

The classic symptom of a defective or misadjusted TPS is hesitation or stumble during acceleration. The fuel mixture leans out because the computer doesn't receive the right signal telling it to add fuel as the throttle opens. The oxygen sensor feedback circuit will eventually provide the necessary information, but not quickly enough to prevent the engine from stumbling.

When the sensor is replaced, it must be adjusted to the specified reference voltage. The TPS on most remanufactured carburetors is preset at the factory to an average setting for the majority of applications the carburetor fits. Even so, the TPS should be reset to the specific application upon which it is installed.
    http://www.dnd-automotive.com/tuneup/sensors.htm
  14. Volcano Island Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa T-Ride 250 F, Montesa 4-RT
    Hi, I have a 2011 TE310 too. I had probelm of "surge-Bog" issue at about 3000 rpm.. I did install the "kit" consists of ECU (it written TXC in it), a 12 point injcetor and a Leo Vince Exhaust system. When installed it run nicely without any adjustment. But about 50 percent of the surge bog issue is eliminated, but not prefect, still some is there. I hooked up I beat, set up the new TPS readings and begun adjusting the CO values. My best setting would be CO 1 100, CO2 102, and CO3 95. I asked the same question to the forum about the prefect CO values for TXC ECU on a 2011 TE 310.I got different answer, even some of the all the way to 117,103, 100.. I undertand that there will be some difference between different bikes. Could some body share their working CO values ?.. Also with new ECU, I notice that "race map 2) is not as efective as before.
  15. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    I have a power commander with auto tune. Right now my co's are set at 100. I will ride it and watch the are fuel ratio with the power commander and I will set my co's to that and I will let you know.
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    113, 107, 103 are the CO values.....2012 TE310.... Stock 4 hole onjector, powered up with Uptite exhaust.
  17. Volcano Island Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa T-Ride 250 F, Montesa 4-RT
    Thanks Glangston... but I have the 12 point injector..does it make a different ?
    Anyway, tuning the CO values give me another question... Did any of you notice the "Injection Pulse width" in Micro second units ?.. I notice when I change the CO values, then the Injcetion pulse width chnages,, usually between 1900 to 2200 Micro second. Anybody have clear picture how to use this value for tuning the bike for optimum combustion ?.. I guess the Injection pulse width is the total time the fuel injector unit open per firing stroke ?... Since the TE 310 does not have a air mass flow sensor, so the time is pretty much fixed,,Then since the optimum fuel air ratio is pretty much known (stoichemetric),,then the pulse width supposedly can be estimated using altitude data and rpm... What do you think ?