1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Is there a 340 kit for the 09 WR 300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ive seen somewhere in another post the mention of a 340 kit.
    Is this available or still on the drawing board?

Im keen if it doesnt blow the bottom end to pieces :D
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Just a rumor as of now. And I dont think there's enough material in the cylinder of a WR300 to punch it out even further.
    A YZ250 cylinder can go 71mm safely (285cc) before you start cutting into the o-ring groove and then water jackets.

I dont even think you can stroke the 293cc Husky motor to make that much displacement, so if there is a 340cc motor out there being tested then chances are good its an all new design. Or at least an all new top end.

I hope so!!
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Husky already has a very bullet proof 350 cc motor on the shelves in the WR360. I am sure they could do some re-designing of that motor to cut some weight, lighten the piston kit, and get it to breath over a larger rpm range. Although you certainly don't "need" a broader power band with all that torque available.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Sandgroper the 360 motor bolts right into your frame. Just planting a thought.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm sure enjoying my 360 rock hucker. Funny thing is i usually like 250's over 300's but the 360 is more of a BB than a slightly larger 250. Short shift and grunt around. Or get it into the mid range and HOLD ON.
  6. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not to derail the thread, but has anyone heard of any news on a new Husky 2 stroke?

JS
  7. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

How would a stock 360 compare to my 300 with race head and PWK carb in low end pulling power and top end speed?
    Are these engines readily available second hand and is it a pretty easy swap-over??
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    IMHO the bigger the bore the more the power moves towards the bottom of the rev range. The 300 is just as fast but pipier. The 360 lugs almost like a 500 and RIPS in the mid but makes little top. The 300 makes a lot of power but most up top. The 360 does make the 250 feel weak as you would expect. I ride my 92 360 back to back with a buddies 07 WR250 a lot.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You jump off the WR 250 onto the 360 and it only takes one twist to re-appreciate the low end instant torque of the 360. Between a FWW and the 400 cam from the g-2 throttle and it is a pussy cat with teeth.
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

JSleeper,

I am still under the impression that they will be unveiling the proto-type at the first WEC in April. But I certainly don't have any inside information.
  11. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I was reading the heading of the post and l thought the same as the current and ex-360 owners...just bolt on a 360.

I'm still planning on trying to find an 06 or 07 rolling chassis to lump my motor into cos it would just handle sooo much better in the twisty bit and probably lighter.

Oh and Sandy...the 360 can be a desert weapon just by gearing and porting because the torque is beautiful...hence for 10 years l've ummed and ahhed about trading to a modern 250 or 300 but l just love the motor (sold one 00'360 and returned back to one after 2years on a 250).
  12. oldmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR-360.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 505
    I am a project junkie. At this time Walt is in the process of turning my 125 cylinder into a 144. I also have a 2000 WR 360 that I was going to start on but it would seem that finding a newer rolling chassis to throw my motor into would be a better idea. Do any of you know where to look for these, or know someone who is looking to get rid of one? I am in an area that is a black hole for Husky parts.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Mike,

I am always looking on craigs list for 2006 and later WR 250/300's that are being sold for a bargain or someone that is parting one out. Haven't found one yet. They are just so bullet proof that guys are running them forever. The 2000 WR 360 works great but it would be nice to get one in an 08 or later rolling chassis.
  14. oldmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR-360.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 505
    Walt,

I must have been dropped on my head as a child because I cannot give up on bike projects. I have saved the Criagslist bike finder page to my favorites and check it everyday. Ebay seems to be more oriented to early model Husky's but I still keep up on what's new. Enjoy your time away from balmy Montana and I can't wait for the 144 experience.

Mike
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Walt....you can't use a TE450 or 250 frame? Rolling 06-09 Wr250 are very rare in Australia and importing one from the states is cost prohibitive due to shipping cost.